cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Receiver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

In XI 3.0 doe's xi jdbc receiver uses bind variables ?

because i have a case where it sends like this:

INSERT INTO MTN_MEDATV_48_AVCHANOT (MEDATV_48_CLAIM_ITEM_ID, MIS_SIDURI, KOD_AVCHANA, TAR_AVCHANA, SIVUG_AVCHANA, BATCH_ID, KOD_MAARECHET, SHEM_AVCHANA_HEB, SHEM_AVCHANA_ENG, TEUR_AVCHANA) VALUES (000428684, 002, '1-471', '23-Jun-2009', '01', 366395, 'ESBPM', 'Biopsy of endometrium (SG)', 'Biopsy of endometrium (SG)', '333')

is there a way to control this, so it will send it in bind variables ?

like this:

INSERT INTO STUDENTS

VALUES (:STUDENT-FIRST-NAME,:STUDENT-FAMILY-NAME);

TX

Edited by: Zevik Heinoch on Jun 24, 2009 10:38 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

The few times i had to worked with JBDC receiver i used a special structure which you can find at the sap help

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2e/96fd3f2d14e869e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

you specify the action (INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, SELECT), the table name and then the structure corresponding to the database table (col1, col2...)

and then you apply the corresponding logic (like concatenating data to one field col1), all that goes into the message mapping (you have this as target and map your source data to it)

The database name, driver data and the rest goes in the JDBC channel used in your scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexis,

That sure doe's explain how to work with JDBC , but my scenario already works in PROD, and in the same way you described.

the Oracle DBA had told me that the way XI sends SQL XML statements is not the best way, the way that oracle gets the data it has to parse all the statement each time, and they told me that there is a better way.

what i am looking for is a way to manipulate the data after the statement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe someone know's it as Host variables ?