cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full BW solution in APO system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to get your expert opinion with regards to implementing a full BW solution inside an APO system.

On a highlevel an APO 5.1 system in;

HP Integrity Superdome Server with 8 Itanium 9000 Processor in HP UX

32Gb RAM, 50Tb Diskspace.

90,000 CVC in one PA.

So around 500,000 mat loc combi

3. uses DP and SNP with SNP heur and Opt

Now, I like to create a cube for these codes and create around 6 queries that will have around 10-15 reports.

This will be all in APO system.

Is this recommendable?

Considering we also have cubes for historical data and also around 5 main master data loading from an ECC system?

Thanks a lot for sharing.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can create Info cube for all your back data & even you can create Info cube for extrating data from ECC/R3. In our project we had 5 planning area & each planning area we had created seperate planning book. Even we had seperate Info Cube for extraction of historical data from ECC/R3 & top of that we had created seperate Info Cubes for extraction of data from flat file also.

So I would suggest you can create Info Cube as per you requirement. I think there is no problem for that.

Regards

Sujay

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to add as well, I am expecting around 25 simultaneous users doing reporting and analytics at the same time additional 15 users doing the planning business process.

Personally I dont see any hindrance, as long as the hardware is capable enough, we can proceed with this design using the APO instance.

But just need second opinion, actually a contradicting opinion will be more helpful as long as a valid reason is shared thanks a lot everyone.