cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Based on radio button(Yes or No)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my adobe form there is one radio button and based on Yes or No I have to modify my dropdown

field to input.

For example the field is Individual Payments to be made is my radio button. If the user selects

Yes, only then the currency key field(Total Key Field) which is a drop down field having values(GBP and EUR) has to be

in input mode so that it can take the other value(EUR), now by defalut it is GBP.

Another question is:

On the form there are other currency key fields which are only in display mode having the default value GBP. But once I select from the dropdown(Total Key Field) as EUR, the other currency fields has to be also EUR.

How to do these. Please help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Madhusudhan. It worked out.

Could you please help for this also.

For example these are the fields:

payinlieunotice(currency field) and binding has been done to the context $record.PAY_LIEU_NOTICE.DATA[*].FIELD

benefitinlieunotice(currency field) and binded with $record.BENEFIT_LIEU_NOTICE.DATA[*].FIELD.

and total filed binded with $record.TOTAL.DATA[*].FIELD.

The calculate button is ISR On_Form Event and on the screen I have put also ISR_PARAM_EVENT in invisioble mode.

How to do the above?

Please help

0 Kudos

Hi,

The accessiblity of the field with the script is controlled by a function "access".

lets say your currency field dropdown list name as CF

As per your requirement, when a radio buttonlist for example R1 is selected as YES. write the below script in Change Event of RadioButton with Language as Javascript

before that please select R1 and goto Object Pallete then binding Tab and check for specify Item values and check what the value is specified for Yes and No radiobutton

for example 1 for Yes and 2 for No

if ( R1.rawValue == 1 )

{

CF.access = "open";

}

else

{

CF.access = "readOnly";

}

so when you select the Radiobutton as Yes only the dropdown will be in input mode.

for your second query,

write the below script in the Change event of Currency dropdown list field with Language as Javascript

var currencyvalue = this.boundItem(xfa.event.newText);

if ( currencyvalue == "EUR" )

{

//for example the other currency fields names are C1, C2.

C1.rawValue = "EUR";

C2.rawValue = "EUR";

}

else if ( currencyvalue == "GBR" )

{

C1.rawValue = "GBR";

C2.rawValue = "GBR";

}