cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP package modifications

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are configuring pos to is-retail integration scenarios in PI system by using SAP Packages. But now the requirement is we have a field u201Cdescription " at target system which needs to display the data from source IDOC as per the condition - Level 1 description needs to be concatenated to the Category description of sub level. We need this requirement because of POS will accept only 3 level hierarchy.

Ex: in standard IDOC - WPDBBY01

E1WPW02-BEZEICH.Traverse the next E1WPW02 segment and check if the HIERARCHIE is 03, if yes take the value of BEZEICH and append it to the earlier E1WPW02-BEZEICH.

Thanks and Regards,

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to create alerts in PI to get the file name that was failed to process with my interface. what are the parameters/variables to give in longtext /short text tabs for getting file name.

my requirement is suppose if i process 10 files a day and 5 files processed and 6th file was failed. so i want to send this file name as alert mail to my admin.

Thanks in Advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saran

I hope you have to incorporate some logic in the Mapping Transformation for SAP Standard Content..

Then why you are trying to edit the standard package, Try to copy the object to new one and make changes ... use this mapping in the Interface Determination..

Note: If you are trying to edit the SAP Standard Content. In future if there are any SAP Upgrades happen then this will affect this component.

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kumar,

Thanks for the reply. But here the requirement is --->" Level 1 description needs to be concatenated to the Category description of sub level. We need this requirement because of POS will accept only 3 level hierarchy. Please check the example mentioned above.

So in that case if i need to add extra filed to the mapping, i need to add that filed at message level.

Then need to change the same in standard mappings(copied). Then whole mappings done by SAP will lost and we need to do again all the mappings which means loosing all the mapping functionality.

Consider Test1 as my standard mapping. Copied to Test1C and making changes to this object.

Test1C has 2 level mappings. 1st level mapping has source as Source1 and Target as Target1

now i need to add a new field at Target1 of 1st level mapping to get my real time requirement, i need to change the message type to do this and named it as Target1M and then added this new Target1M to 1st level mapping as Target. Then whole Mappings done by standard package will lost.

Please let me know how to do that without effecting previous mappings came with package.

Best Regards,

Srinivas