Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All Background Jobs Are cancelled

former_member281396
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I make a new server by restoreing backup of our production server and SAP is running well.But when I schedule any back ground jobs all jobs are cancelled.Due to this I am not able to run SGEN.Even when I manually schedule any back ground jobs it also cancelled and I am not getting any job log in SM37.I am not able to understand why this happens as I am not found any cancelled job log.Please suggest what shall I do to overcome this problem.

Advance Thanks

Nirmal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member281396
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go the path \usr\sap\<sid>\SYS\global\***joblogs to see the available space there or you can check there if the batch jobs you are trying to run does it creating logs at all?

former_member281396
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Avhishek,

Thank you very much for your reply & it works.The owner of the file system has changed as i have restored the backup from tivoli.Now I changed the owner and background process has started.

Regards

Nirmal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check the file system /SAPMNT/<SID> space in your System.I think ur memory is fully utilized sapmnt folder.

if u not need old logs delete the log file in the following location.

sapmnt/D01/global//<Clientno>JBLOG.

Regards

Senthil Kumar.S

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use SM37 and check the job log of a cancelled job.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Any SM21 logs?

Regards,

Sreenivas

former_member281396
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SM21 There is no log is shown.

Thanks

Nirmal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just a guess:

Make sure background work processes are configured in the instance profile, parameter rdisp/wp_no_btc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can check sm61 and sm65. If you are on a new server, you might find the old instance(Hostname).

The new instance must be aktive.

former_member281396
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SM21 there is no log imported.I am not able to see any log.I have checked the instance profile and there rdisp/wp_no_btc= 3.I also checked SM61 and SM65 and there two hostname is showing with active condition.I just now made one hostname deactive and one active and in SM65 the analysis reasult is ok.Now what shall I do?Please guide me.

Thanks

Nirmal