cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service order Costs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a service order in an old system and we are trying to migrate it to a new system. We are getting problem in migrating the costs. Basically we are not getting from where the service order 'planned costs' are getting picked from in the old service order

The source order has only one operation and for that also, 'work' hours and 'Duration' is maintained as 0. And in the 'Actual Data' tab of the operations also, actual work is 0. The operation is associated with 2 components. There is no cost element nor purchase requisition maintained for that operation.

It is showing planned costs as some non-zero value for that order. Can anyone please guide us as to where the cost is picked from.

Thanks & Regards,

Vishnu Priya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

skrishen9
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu

This seems that the proper settings has not been maintained in FICO for that particular

service order configuration.Check the Activity types,valuation variant and Costing sheet

maintainred for that particular service order.Discuss with your FICO Consultant.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks

Sushant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to create Service orders only for maintaining History of Service, you may create Historical orders.

To understand the use of historical order read the below mentioned example -

1. Suppose that before installation of SAP I have done some Service work and that maintenance work is required to be recorded in history of PM/CS..

You can use Historical order

In historical order direct entry is made for Service work that has been done before installation of SAP.

1. Direct entry of operation and actual work hours. ( Planning is not required because this is past entry, we never release it )

2. Direct entry of component that we had used.( no pr or reservation would be generated)

3. In cost tab we have to enter actual cost of Material and internal activities that Incurred during maintenance.

4. No Teco... No Confirmation is allowed ... ( because work had been done in past )

5. just save the order and Entries Would be saved in history of PMIS.

I think this will clear your doubt .. if it is so close the question.

Also Please let me know your observations.

Babu.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is resolved by using an enhancement point to clear the costing of old items.