cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

java.lang.NullPointerException in Message Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my scenario, Message mapping is giving following exception in the Value mapping UDF( Dynamic configurations) in the development server.

RuntimeException in Message-Mapping transformation: Exception:[java.lang.NullPointerException] in class

However, I am able to test the mapping in Test tab of Message Mapping in Quality and production servers.

In development server, my scenario is working, there is no error in SXI_MONITOR.

I am aware that Dynamic configuration mapping can not be tested in the Test tab of the Message mapping. it will give the Null pointer exception while testing.

But my question is, why I am not able to Test it in the Mapping TEST tab of dev server. Although, in Qty and Production, I am able to test it in Message mapping.

Regards,

Monika

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Monika

There have been some bugs like this recently with the Message Mapping functionality in the Repository. I recommend that you apply the latest XI patches for your current SP release. This way you can be sure this is not a bug.

If this does not fix the issue, please post more of the error information. Do you get a full stack trace when the error occurs? Attach, at least, the first 5/10 lines of this.

Also confirm what version and SP level of XI you are using.

Regards

Mark

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Now my problem is resolved.

The error was with the RFC communication channel. The error was " User Locked".

After activating the communication channel and Cache refresh, cc is running fine. And I am able to test the mapping in Dev server as well.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Monika