Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIDX and R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a senario is like this

INBOUND

I am getting CIDX Standard document which is ORDRS CREATE to XI system and Convert or MAP that document to IDOC which is ORDERS05, send to R/3 system.

OUTBOUND

and same senario from R/3 to XI and XI to CIDX standard document.

to fill this requirement do we need to get the authentication for using the CIDX adopter.

Where exactly i have to import the XML schema into XI system to map the IDOC structure.

I have seen couple of examples which they are telling menction the CIDX adopter in communication channel which is configuration part (IB). Before that we have to do the mapping. Can any body please explain the process needs to be done.

Thanks

M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

you configure the Software Component Version for Connection to R/3 to load objects like IDocs and RFCs. It is not required to load the object from the system you want to connect. Inside XI the loaded object a just transferred to message types / interface what is nothing else than XML schema.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

UDO,

Thanks for your fast reply,

here my concern is how XI system knows .

EX: ORDERS-DOCUMNET = CIDX-DOCUNO. without mapping.

I can create the software componet which points to my R/3 system. can you reply bit elabrate like step by step.

Where exactly the actual transformation get done in XI.

Thanks

M

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

klick in the IB repository on ur SWKV. Go 2 Change modus. Put connection paramter as requested. Activate ur change list. Then go by context to imported object and load the required IDoc into Repository. The IDoc can be used as inbound and as outbound interface.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Udo,

I think you did not understand my question or I confuse you,

That is the process for import the IDOCs from R/3 system,

how the XI system will know the field level mapping (source and target),EX: PO document no of CIDX should go to IDOC document no. where will do the field level mapping , will do in mapping editor?

Thanks

M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>><i>how the XI system will know the field level mapping (source and target),EX: PO document no of CIDX should go to IDOC document no. where will do the field level mapping , will do in mapping editor?</i>

yes. The mappin is done in the mapping editor.

For outbound:

You have to specify the imported IDOC as your source in the messages tab in the mapping editor.

The target message is the message created for the target.

After this, carry our the mapping.

The mapping depends on your requirement. If the requirement is to map every field of the idoc to the target, you could

1. drag each field of the source and map it to the corresponding field in the target.

2. map the headers of the source and the target, and use the option "map all" provided in the editor.

After this, test your mapping, to check if the output is as desired.

Regards,

Smitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! All,

THis is AMar Srinivas. I am currently working on CIDX Scenario Scenario for my requirement.

I am new to XI even though I have an idea in XI.

I have few doubts: for doing POC on this Is STK (Self Testing Tool) is mandatory to test CIDX or RNIF messages to get Response based on the requests..?

2. If you have any documentation regarding step by step guides regarding to develop this scenario from END to END implementation

Guide me in step by step procedures if possible I need one BLOG regarding this with screen shots to develop the scenario

Regards:

Amar Srinivas Eli