cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW2004s Installation fails in High Availability Environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are installing our Production Server

SAP Netweaver 2004s with High Availablility.

AS per the inst guide, we installed the Oracle 10G in Local Disk of both the nodes.

Then Installed the OFS and the SCS Instance successfully.

Then we created the Oracle Fail Safe Group.

After this when we try to install the Database Instance, During the Prerequisites Check, we are getting the message as the

"Oracle Software is not installed. Install Oracle First"

But we have the Oracle installed in the Server into local disk.

Any Ideas?

Thanks & Regards

Sumanth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Despite the fact that 2004s is not yet in ganral availability and therefore you should be in ramp up and should have special contacts to clarify this, I haver the following tips:

Are you using RAC in some way? If so, please refer to the appropriate notes.

What operating system are you using? Are you sure you should do the failsafe first? I think this should be done after all other isntallation is over...

Regards,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benny,

Thanks for the information. We are under Rampup and also logged as OSS Message also.

We are using Windows 2003 and Oracle 10.1G

The Oracle Failsafe software installtion is the Third step in the installation procedure and has be done before installing the Database instance on Node A in MSCS.

By the way Can you please let me know about RAC with some more details as i am not sure on this and which SAP Notes i need to follow.

Thanks & Regards

Sumanth

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

RAC is under restriction, central note is 913503.

I guess you need help from OSS, as this is more complicated then.

Regards,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benny,

Thanks for the info. We recieved a reply in OSS stating that NW2004s in HA is note tested.

It will only work with NW2004s SR1.

Now we are plannign to go with Distributed System installation without HA because we will not get the NW2004s SR1 DVD.

Where can we get the info about how to Convert the System Landscape from the Distributed System to HA System. Is this possible as part of the migration or as a seperate installation.

Can you please help me in your views on Converting from Distributed Environment to HA Environment.

Thanks & Regards

Sumanth

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Sumanth,

ditsributedf and HA are not related. The differences are in other places. For HA you have to have switchover groups. How to do that manually in general is described in the switchover guide of elder versions. You can find this in service.sap.com/ha.

04s installation gives you this previously manual architecture as an installation option. The difference is that it will install the scs (ENQ and Message services) in it's own instance (which was always the case for java).

Regards,

Benny