cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem using a library with an EAR file (ServletNotFoundException)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I'm trying to use a library (J2EE library project) an associated it to an Enterprise Application Project.

The application was built using the Spring MVC framework.

When I did deploy I got the following warning:

Apr 25, 2006 9:44:17 AM /userOut/deploy (com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager) [Thread[Deploy Thread,5,main]] INFO:

[004]Finished Deployment

And when I try to run the application I got the following error:

404 Not Found

The request cannot be processed.

Details: com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.exceptions.ServletNotFoundException: Cannot load the requested servlet [data-entryLib/servlet/data-entry]. The ID of this error is

Exception id: [00306E5DA8D2004E00000068000052550004124234F31271].

The application run properly when I use the jars file in the WEB-INF/lib folder.

I have been reading some recomendations in this forum, but nobody tell me how to solve this problem

Thanks

Adriana.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

GOOD

HEREWITH I AM GIVING SOME LINK REGARDING ABOUT THE MVC FRAMEWORK.I HOPE THIS WILL HELP YOU TO WORK BETTER WITH MVC

http://st-www.cs.uiuc.edu/users/smarch/st-docs/mvc.html

http://www.springframework.org/docs/reference/mvc.html

http://www.springframework.org/

THANKS

MRUTYUN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adriana,

Putting the required third party jars in the WEB-INF/lib folder of a Web application is perfectly fine and according to the Servlet specifications.

In fact if that library is not shared across applications, you should never keep it at a globally accessible level.

summarising, your spring framework files should be in WEB-INF/lib folder of Web Application only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When you are using it as a J2EE Library , you need to deploy that libary(.sda file ) first before deploying the EAR . Also wanted to know what type of reference have u given in the EAR file to that j2ee library ?

Alternate approach will be you can add the jar file on the lib of your WAR project , which i thnk you have been doing it

Hope this helps,please do not forget to reward points.

regards

rajeshkr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

Thanks for your answer.

Yes, I deployed the .sda file, add the jars file in the archive server/provider.xml and I checked this: ()

The type of reference that I gave in the EAR file was in the archive application-j2EE-engine.xml:

<reference

reference-type="hard">

<reference-target

provider-name="sap.com"

target-type="library">LibreriaDataEntry</reference-target>

</reference>

<provider-name>sap.com</provider-name>

<fail-over-enable

mode="disable"/>

Thanks

Adriana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi adriana

Also wanted to check did u add the library to the web project you had created . if noy you can addit by right click ing on the web project in nwds and look for the option add/Remove additional libaries

regards

rajeshkr