cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI->PI->IDOC without using 3rd party adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to know if EDI generated flat file (from gentran for example) can be mapped to IDOC file for ECC using PI (inbound ABAP proxy at ECC). Assume there is no third party adapter eg. Seeburger in PI landscape. The created IDOC file at ECC application server can then be posted into ECC using FILE port (partner profile at ECC). Anyone accomplished this in past, please share the experience. Appreciate the feedback.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, you can't process EDI message without EDI libraries, there is two possibilities

1) use third party adapters which will take care of it.

3) use Java libraries provided by any third party vendors.

as of now there is no free code available for this.

in EDI there are following task ,please analyse and choose technology accordingly

1) generate EDI (transformation from IDOC xml to EDI )

2) transport the EDI file to target

3) transform EDI to IDOC xml and post it in SAP system.

Let me know if any other things required.

Edited by: NetWeaver Expert on Jun 24, 2009 5:41 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>No, you can't process EDI message without EDI libraries

Ofcourse you can:)

EDI files are nothing but flat files,you can do FCC to convert them to XML.I have done that.

The issues comes in connectivity to VAN,floating message structure,security settings,acknowledgment etc

Thanks

Aamir

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

I have an EDI file which consists of data in a single String,and the string consists of several ~ separators and * as of a normal EDI structure looks like.

Eg: ISA---------*--*---~GS--*---*---*

*-----*~ and so on..........up to IEA in a single string.

This can be achived by using the FCC?

Please let me know and provide some info.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Aamir,

Well in that case there is 80% cost reduction ...

Request you to give some more details about configs (by taking any one example 850,810..) , as it will going to help me alot in my next EDI project.

Regards,

Edited by: NetWeaver Expert on Jun 24, 2009 10:26 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all. My assumption earlier was inline with your suggestion. It was useful and confident that i'm heading in right direction.

Please share the following that will jumpstart the development easier, if you could...:

a) sample EDI source file (any example 850...)

b) screen capture of MT_of_source_edi_flatfile to know about "Document name", "Recordset Structure" that will be used in FCC

c) screen capture of file content conversion in FileSender

Thanks in advance.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Technically speaking,yeah it can definitely be done.Just use File content conversion to convert EDI file to XML.

Logically speaking,it would be a little cumbersome to manage custom development for EDI specially if you have lots of messages and several partners.

Thanks

Aamir