cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do you change MDIS.INI password

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts:

I have problems importing data through import server. Checking the logs I found out "Invalid logon credentials", I am checking the mdis.ini and the password is encrypted. How do I change the password there? I already changed the password for Admin User on the Console, but how to I tell mdis.ini that is the password it has to use?

Thank you so much for your help,

Claudia Hardeman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia,

Which version of MDM are you using?

In MDM 7.1 the password can only be set through console and changing the same through the .ini file has no affect.(SAP Note 1305633).

More importantly MDM 7.1 don't accept blank password. New user now can be prompted to change his pwd for first time log in. Remember pwd functionality (Saving password) removed. Failure attempts to log in may lock user's account. You can change your password through any clients (not necessary through console only).

In MDM 5.5 the password can be changed through the .ini file. Enter the password into the MDIS.ini file(Initially it will be encrypted, you change the password, save it, close it, reopen it the password is again encrypted).

Hope it helps.

Regards.

Rajat

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for all your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia,

To change the password in mdis.ini and mdss.ini file, please do the following steps:

1) Open ini file. For each repository you will find PasswordE parameter. Delete this password .

2) Now remove the 'E' form PasswordE and enter the password of Admin user save the file and restart the Import Server.

3) Recheck that the MDIS.ini file the parameter Password should get converted to PasswordE=some value.

Also before restarting your mdis/mdss server remember to load your repository else it the password wont be encrypted.

I hope I am able to solve your problem

Thanks & Regards

Dilmit Chadha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia,

All steps mentioned above by experts also works but you can try the easiest way of copy/paste as below -

Open the repository_m000 database using any DB tool

--> Open the Users table

--> Copy the encrypted password for the Admin (or any user which you want to maintain in MDIS.ini)

--> Paste the password in MDIS.ini

--> Take a restart of MDIS service

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia,

if you are using MDM 5.5 then youhave to chnage the password in mdis.ini file.

First change the password for Admin user in console. Then go to mdis.ini file and Locate the Admin user. For Admin uer the password must be looked encrypted with E.......... Delete that and enter your new password and save it. It will be encrypted again after save.leave it like this.

Now ur password is entered in mdis.ini.

Reg,

Bis