cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to serve Web Service from RFC in ECC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are trying to find the steps to serve custom Z RFCs as Web Services in an ECC 6.0 environment from the ABAP side.

We do not have a Java stack installed for the ECC, just the ABAP stack. Also, no Composition Environment.

In this case, is it possible to host the RFC as a Web Service in Production, without an UDDI or Service Registry in the landscape?

Also, what are the configuration steps necessary to successfully serve and test the Web Services?

We tried releasing some of the web services using SOAMANAGER and try to see them in the EP7.0 Visual Composer after setting up [WS Callable Object|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/f8/7889ce12924273a379c1c590675573/frameset.htm], but only see the Function Groups listed, nothing inside the Function Groups.

We have not been able to find a blog or document that goes through the steps - may be our environment is restrictive.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks - SK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

brad_bohn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can expose web services from ERP 6.0 with an ABAP stack only implementation. There are steps in the NW 7.0 help docs that may help you:

[Web Services|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/0d/2eac5a56d7e345853fe9c935954ff1/frameset.htm]

Primarily, you just need to use the wizard in SE80 to create the service definition, based on a funtion group or a function module, and then use SOAMANAGER to create the endpoint binding.

Make sure that your user ID has at least the SAP_BC_WEBSERVICE_ADMIN_TEC role. One of the stumbling blocks that I had was that our ICM was not set up correctly yet. Check that the following system parameters are maintained (use RZ10):

icm/host_name_full

icm/server_port_0

You may need to activate multiple nodes in SICF - when you start SOAMANAGER, it will tell you which nodes are not active. If you don't have the Java stack, then you won't be able to test the services using SOAMANAGER. SOAP UI is a good tool for testing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Brad,

We had gone through that document and all those steps you had mentioned, and we have even configured the Portal Web Services Navigator to test the ZRFC, still unable to successfully serve the Web Service.

Any other tips, clues?

brad_bohn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, I don't know much about the Portal Web Services Navigator and where you would look at issues there; maybe someone else here does. I would assume it works like any other SOAP tool though, and requires you to give it the WSDL location for the endpoint binding when you build a project for testing (or however it works). Have you looked at that WSDL document from SOAMANAGER to verify that it looks OK and the functions/methods/parameters are listed in there? If not, what does the definition look like in SE80? If the endpoint WSDL looks good, what happens when you create your project and give it the WSDL? Is there an error log?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the continued support Brad.

We were missing an entry in the "White List" on the Portal to allow the WS Navigator to access Web Services from the ECC system. Once we made an entry in the "White List", I was able to go to the Web Service Test screen.

Now every time I enter an input value in the Service and press "Test", I get an SRT: Authorization Denied error as Fault Response from the Web Service. I have all the required permissions both on the Portal and the ECC system. Have you seen this error before?

I am digging through the logs to see what is going on.

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Turned out I was missing some authorizations in the ECC system. Works fine now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have exact the same problem.

Which authorities where missing in your case?

How did you find the missing authorities?

Thanks,

Anne

Answers (0)