cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappearance of Event

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a Table with 5 static columns and a few dynamic columns lets say A, B and C. When a user clicks a particular row of the table and clicks a button, I want to show a dialog box, the following values as a radiobutton group:

(RB1) A

(RB2) B

(RB3) C

In order to do this, I created an event in Component Controller <b>ButtonSelectedEvent</b>, a method <b>fireButtonSelectedEvent</b> and event handler in dialog box <b>handleButtonSelectedEvent</b>. When the button is clicked, the action method fired is <b>onActionButton</b>.

I want to pass multiple values from method onActionButton to handleButtonSelectedEvent; therefore, I used ArrayList as a parameter for the event ButtonSelectedEvent, method fireButtonSelectedEvent and event method handleButtonSelectedEvent. However, the method fireButtonSelectedEvent is not visible in the method onActionButton. If I make the parameter as string(or for that matter any simple dictionary type), I am able to see the <b>fireButtonSelectedEvent</b> in the method <b>OnActionButton</b>.

When I say, I am able to see, this is what I mean..

wdContext.wdGetMyCompController.fireButtonSelectedEvent();

does not give an error as the method is visible.

I am on WAS 6.40 SP12.

Any light on this , is highly appreciated.

If you have not understood any part or any part that is not clear, do let me know, I will do the needful.

Best Regards,

Subramanian V.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let me put my understanding first...

1) You have a button with action name onActionButton.

Inside the button action u r giving ur confirmation dialog.

2) For this confirmation dialog u r having an event handler by name handleButtonSelectedEvent.

<i>why do u want to have ur eventhandler in the controller instead in view?</i>

Now u want to pass the parameters to this event.<i><b> If the eventhandler is in the same view then it is possible to send set of parameters in an array or a bean, provided declare ur array or bean inside ur global declaration area.</b></i>

//@begin

//@end

Set the values to the array or bean inside the button action itself.

I think u cannot pass the parameters directly to the event handler.If u pass also u get null values.

Try giving globally and then check if it works.

Regards,

Nagarajan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagarajan,

Thank you for immediately replying to my query.

The eventhandler handleButtonSelectedEvent is in the dialog box as mentioned in my earlier post. When I mean dialog box, I meant the view of the dialog box.

I am also referring to tutorial <b>Dialog Boxes in Web Dynpro Applications</b>.

Best Regards,

Subramanian V.