Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC to Proxy synchronous

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My requirement is this

I need to pull 500 records from a Database, send it to R3 system (via proxy) and . Proxy should respond back that it received all of them then XI has to update the database that R3 received all 500 records.

Please let me know the possibilities with out BPM or with BPM.

So far I did use a JDBC sender(call stored procedure and used Update statment to mark the records as Y ) to pull the records and sent it to R3. Issue is R3 is unsure whether XI pulled all records are not.

Unless R3 is sure, R3 team can not run next step (maestro job). Also We are not sure when XI is going to receive the records (so adapter scheduling is ruled away)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

what if you dont pull all 500 records in a single message?

if you pull 300 records in first message

then 100 in another message after some time

and then 100 again after some time in another message.

is it after the third message that proxy should send back a response?

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

well I do not know how many records XI is going to receive on total. Due to performance we limited XI to pull 500 records at each poll.

Yes you are right.

1) my requirement is if 2000 records are in sender database I need to update the database after R3 received all 2000.

Also is there a possible way that I can update databse after each poll.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>1) my requirement is if 2000 records are in sender database I need to update the database after R3 received all 2000.

So when XI will poll JDBC,it will pick all 2000 records,then it will send this to ECC whcih will send back a response to XI which in turn will be routed to JDBC.

I m not sure whats the problem here:)

only difference is that since sender JDBC cant be used as a sync adapter,you need to use either BPM or Module to make it sync.

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

The thing is XI is calling a stored procedure which has a limitation of sending 500 records at a single run.

My issue is I need to update the database after 500 records reach R3.( it means R3 should respond back using synchronous proxy or independent proxy) then only XI needs to update the database.

questions are:

1) how can I achieve this in XI with or with out using BPM

2) If r3 triggers triggers reaponse using independent aysncronous proxy how can XI tell database to update those 500 records which it just read.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Viswanath,

If you want to use BPM then the steps are:

1. Receive -- for Sender JDBC adapter

2- Send Synchronous -- Proxy call synchrnous

3 - Send -- using Receievr JDBC adapter to Insert / Update the DB.

If not BPM then:

1. JDBC --> XI --> Proxy (Asynchoronous)

2. Proxy (Asynchrounous) --> XI --> JDBC

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you ...is there any blog to see.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Viswanath,

You can use this as reference:

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

Here instead of RFC yours would be Proxy.

Check bhavesh reply in this thread:

(its the same design I have taken from)

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies.

Satish..i just sent a message to you. thank you.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Viswanath,

Why only 500. If there are not 500 so no pick up. So your query would take all this into considerations.

Anyways lets suppose you wrote the query that it is always picking 500 records then what you can do is pick the 500 records into xi and update the status like "Picked by XI" once ECC processed then it can trigger an independent proxy or synchronous proxy which will update once again the status as "ECC Processed successfully".

See this thread where they have given the wiki screen shots:

R3 is unsure whether XI pulled all records are not:

If your procedure or query is good it will definitely pull all the records. If it breaks somewhere then it will trigger an adapter error.

---Satish