cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP error 500 on Content Server test (RSCMST), after CS migration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have migrated a Content Server 6.30 system from HP-UX and MaxDB 7.3.00.42 to CS 6.40 on Windows and MaxDB 7.7.06.15. While the migration of the database and the install of the CS 6.40 seems to have completed successfully, I am having trouble connecting to it from the R/3 system.

Following some clean up steps suggested by SAP support, I am able to connect to the CS system using the "serverInfo" query, and I am also able to connect to the existing repository through CSADMIN. However, when I run the RSCMST tests, they all fail with the error: HTTP error: 500 (Internal Server Error) " ;ODBC State 00000; Error Code 0".

Below is a summary of the tests/connections that work and the ones that do not.

URL for serverInfo: http://<hostname>:1090/ContentServer/ContentServer.dll?serverInfo - Returns successfully and displays status of CS.

CSADMIN - All tabs on csadmin display correct information, from the CS and respository.

SE38 - program=RSCMST - All tests return the following error: HTTP error: 500 (Internal Server Error) " ;ODBC State 00000; Error Code 0"

I have also confirmed that I am using the most recent ODBC driver on this CS(at the request of SAP support), with the command sdbregview -l. - Returns the following: ... ODBC g:/sapdb/programs 7.7.06.15 64 bit valid ...

If anyone has any suggestions on what else I can check for this error, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Rusty Robbins

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

please check this Snote--1293399

benakaraj

??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply Benaka. This note is one of several that I reviewed, but it did not provide a resolution.

Also, SAP support has replied back and stated that Content Server 6.40 is not supported on MaxDB 7.7+. The PAM states the same thing, but during earlier research and discussions with SAP, I had came to the conclusion that I could/should use 7.7. However, I have not found all of the notes I ran into before, and do not have time to dig for them, so I cannot say for sure what led me to 7.7. Of course, it could have simply been an incorrect assumption on my part, etc.

I have deleted the target install of CS 6.40 and MaxDB 7.7, and have reinstalled using CS 6.40 and MaxDB 7.6.06.05. I am currently performing the data export from my source system and once the import is complete as well, I will be able to test the connection to CS from the R/3 system.

I will post an update, once these steps are complete and I know if this corrects my problem.

Regards,

Rusty Robbins

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

please post the result, should work!

Benakaraj

??

Edited by: benaka rajes on Jun 25, 2009 11:47 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have completed the install of CS 6.40 using MaxDB 7.6.06.05 and migrated the data as described in note 962019. Unfortunately I am still receiving the 500 - internal server error, when running the test program RSCMST from the R/3 system.

I have responded back to SAP support with my results, and will of course continue to research the error. If anyone has further suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Rusty Robbins

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This error is due to database is not started or web server is not started. Please verify and confirm.

Anirudh,

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this case, that is not the cause of the problem. As I mentioned above, I have confirmed that the database and web server are are available, and that R/3 can connect to it in a limited way. However, the full connection tests in RSCMST are the ones that fail with the 500 - internal server error.

The web server responds with a successfuly connect and status message, using the command:

http://<hostname>:1090/ContentServer/ContentServer.dll?serverInfo

I have confirmed that the MaxDB database is up using the management tools, as well as through CSADMIN. Within CSADMIN, I see the status of the database as running, and the connection test and status link both return data from the MaxDB database.

Regards,

Rusty Robbins

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I have good news to report... finally!

The main problem I had with the 500 error was caused by an incorrect version of MaxDB, for CS 6.40 (as SAP support pointed out in the message I had opened with them). Once I had completed the migration using MaxDB 7.6.06.05, I was able to connect successfully.

When I first performed this migration (with 7.6.06.05), I "thought" I was still getting the same 500 - internal error, but after looking at it closer I realized that the error had changed to say something like "table is set to read-only". I then realized that I had forgotten to perform a full data backup, following the last import. Once I completed this backup, I was able to connect to this CS system from R/3, with all of the test programs (RSCMST, etc).

Just to be sure, I performed this migration from scratch again, and was able to repeat the successful migration and tests. I have now turned it over to the functional teams for testing, and hopefully they will not find any issues. 😜

Thanks to all that responded and to those that reviewed this post!

Regards,

Rusty Robbins

Answers (0)