cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting PDS and re-cifing it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello APO Gurus,

I deleted PPDS PDS today and was trying to re-cif it, but the PDS wouldn't get created.

Has anybody encountered this issue, i.e. if we delete the PDS today, re-cif the PDS today for the same product will not work. If i do it tomorrow, then probably the PDS might be created.

Let me know if i'm missing anything.

Thanks,

Mangesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

I did all the recommended steps, but no luck.

I checked all the master data and found to be ok.

I guess, if i re-cif it tomorrow, probably it might work.

Regards,

Mangesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mangesh - I am not sure how you tried to retransfer the PDS or what steps you took to delete the PDS in APO (CULL_RTO_DEL?). You can use transaction CURTO_CREATE in ECC, enter the PDS info, uncheck Change Transfer checkbox and that will send PDS to APO as long as it is in active integration model. By default this transaction will check for change pointers unless Change Transfer is unchecked.

Andy

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andy,

Thanks for the transaction. CURTO_CREATE was able to create the PDS.

With Regards,

Mangesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using PPM. If this kind of issue arises i used to Run CFP3. Then my PPM will be coming to APO.

Thanks,

nandha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mangesh,

Also check whether is there any orders or transactional data related to PDS that is still linked to that PDS data after you delete the PDS. This also will affect creation of newly generated data. Before creating the next time, ensure that entire clean up is done.(say like planned orders, production orders etc.,)

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mangesh,

This might be delay in updation of your deleted PDS with either in database or with livecache which in sync with ECC database.

Please check the following.

1) Try running om17 and retry

2) Try running /SAPAPO/RTO_ORD_COMP - Compare PP/DS Production Data Structures

3) Try rerunning integration models right from location, product, work center, bom, routing followed by PDS and then check

4) Check inbound and outbound uncleared queues

5) Check any sysfails.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.