cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Currency Conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does anyone have a useful document on the concept of Currency Conversions?

Just got an issue from users about their currencies not being latest while consolidating. I've never worked with that before and would appreciate your help.

Thanks

Fran

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fran,

Also check for docs in www.service.sap.com/bi under infoindex--> currencies.

They deal with handling currecny conversions on query level

-Doodle

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fran,

Is the curency conversion taking place at the query level or in the data load process. If in the data load process then my replies in the threads mentioned by Sat will help you to some extent...you will need to see how the process is set up in your system.

If the users are complaining that the rates are not the current ones, then you need to see if there is a job to upload the currencies and rates for conversions from the te R/3 system.

For now you can try to update the currencies in RSA1 > Source Systems > right click on your source system > Transfer Exchange rates.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know there's a variable for choosing currency type.

I think conversion is being done at query level.

I was also looking for a general overview of how currencies are handled in BW. Couldnt find much on help.sap maybe cuz i dont know how to.

Any tips on how to go about this?

Thanks

Fran

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fran,

You can check if and how the conversion is happening at the query level by looking at the Properties of the Key Figures included in your query definition.

You can read a lot of good info about Currency Translation here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ec/076f3b6c980c3be10000000a11402f/content.htm

Hope this helps...

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Fran,

the exchange rate update from r/3 scheduled regularly ?

rsa1->source system->r/3-right click 'transfer exchange rate' ? or schedule program RSIMPCURR.

also transfer global setting, program RSIMPCUST.

rsa1->source system->r/3-right click 'transfer global setting' checkbox currencies checked.

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos