cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM: "An empty container element was specified when sending"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm having a problem with the simplest BPM's scenario ever: Start->Receiver->Send->Stop. Async.

(I know that the scneario does not deserve using BPMs, but we need a proof of concept).

Everything looks like to be correctly developed and configured (I even used a step by step guide downloaded from here). but when I execute the BPM i get the message:

"An empty container element was specified when sending" (Msg no: SWF_XI_ADAPTER - 053)

Does anyone know why this problem could be?, PI 7.1 Level 07.

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Ariel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I tried adding a mapping but nothing happens.

What else could be?

Thanks in advance,

Ariel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Dont use different containers,define only 1 container and use this in both Receive and Send step.

This container must use the Abstract async interface for which message mapping has been done.

Thanks

Aamir

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you guys! With your aid I figured out the problem.

Regards,

Ariel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Did you do Message mapping before or after BPM?

If you have done before,it should be between Outbound async interface and Abstract async interface.then use this abstract async interface in whole of BPM,no other container will be required.

Could you please check the above

Thanks

Aamir

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ariel,

oeh, just a msg, that the container, you want to send, is still empty?

2 different container for receive and send step?

Forgotten mapping?

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

Thanks for the fast response. Yes, they are two different containers for receive and send but they are using the same abstract interface. All the interfaces have the same message type (outbound, abstract, inbound).

There is no mapping since the messages are identical.... or do i need a mapping?

The examples I've seen doesn't have mappings either.

I'll appreciate any advice,

Thanks in advance,

Ariel