cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compliance Calibrator Function Defined

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day all,

Ok my question is about the Search Type field in the Compliance Calibrator. I log into the /virsa/zvrat (yes this is the older version not 5) and go to Rule Architect. I add some TCodes to a rule. Then I go to the objects and add values and enable. My question is how the "Search Type" field is used. Here is a little better description of what I mean.

I have TCode VIAR added to BS01. This is what it looks like:

TCode Object Field From To Search Type Status

VIAR S_ADMI_FCD S_ADMI_FCD SPAR Enable

VIAR S_ARCHIVE ACTVT 01 02 OR Enable

VIAR S_TCODE TCD VIAR Enable

So my question is this. with the "OR" in teh status does that mean it will check for people who have VIARwith S_ARCHIVE of value 01 or 02 and S_ADMI_FCD with value of SPAR. Or, does this mean that it will look for a person with the Tcode VIAR, a value of SPAR in S_ADMI_FCD, and values 01 to 02?

Or does this mean that it will check for VIAR OR 01 and 02? it is just not clear and I can not find any good documentation on how to take advantage of this boolean expression.

I am just not sure the OR will be or in the line. Do I have to put a separate line in for each authorization object? can I just put the OR in the field like above and it will interpret it as a 01 OR 02.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Paul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

we do have CC 4.0 as well and I really had a headache working my way around these AND/OR values. I haven't checked how good the Notes are that have been mentioned in the previous post but here's some of my experience:

- Different auth objects and different field within the same auth object are always combined with AND. So within a tcode a user will need all auth objects and field that you enabled.

- When using AND as search type the user needs to have all values enabled (for the same field and auth object).

- When using OR as search type the user needs any of the enable values.

- Do not use NOT. It does not correctly report when you have roles with * as field value. When we've reported it we were told that it's only intention was to differentiate the HR value for own or foreign PNR (can't remember which object and field that is).

- When using ranges (i.e. a to/from definition) in your function AND will check for all values within the range and OR will check for any value in the range. CAREFUL - this does not properly work when you only have 1 range specified for a field/object combination specified.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Petra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

In your case both S_ADMI_FCD (SPAR) and S_ARCHIVE ACTVT (01 or 02) should be present with user.

You can check the SAP notes: 1330165 and 1026576 for further information.

Regards,

Shweta