cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO Print

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a couple of questions on Purchase Order Print, we are in SRM 5.0 ECS, and the requirement is that

1) End users should be able to view/print out their PO's and mail them to the vendor directly, for this they can go to Process PO and print it, but the output is showing "PREVIEW" background on the print form, how can we get rid of that.

2) The buyers can use "Issue Purchase order" transaction, but say for example, if I have a few PO's in that queue with Print option not processed yet, and if I select Output button, then where will that PO be printed, will it be on the buyer's local printer? or to a print server? at this point can we control the output printer? what are other options available for the buyer?

Please share your input.

Thanks,

CS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on SRM 7.0. The situation is still very much the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chinna,

We are on SRM 5.0 also and had problems printing to LOCL when implementing.

We wanted printouts to go to the users local printer as defined in the users Windows OS.

This did not work so now our Basis team have to set all printers up as SAP printers on the server and set the user default printer in SU01.

Maybe later verison of SRM have overcome this issue as it makes a lot of extra work for the Basis team during an SRM rollout program to 1,200 users.

Hope this helps

Allen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you manage to solve this ? Please share

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answer to the second question is

1) Please check do you have any value in the attribute Default printer

Former Member
0 Kudos

All I have is LOCL in the attributes as default printer, so if I have that, will the PO print to the default local printer of the buyer or should we load all the printers in the company in SRM? I am confused here

Thanks,

CS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi CS,

When it is LOCL, the print will be sent to the user's default printer set in the system.

Cheers,

Akash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akash,

I tried, but it's not printing to my Local printer, does anyone know where the PO gets printed when we click "Output Pushbutton" from Issue PO transaction?

Thanks,

CS

former_member206968
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have maintained LOCL as the default printer, then it might not be correctly processed.

Go into the PO--> Output tab and see the output log.

If it shows as incorrectly processed, then you can see what was the error. printing to the local printer maintained for WF-Batch. Also, pl. check in su01 what is the default printer maintained for wf-batch.

If the output is correctly processed, then you can check in txn- SP01 the details of the output device selected.

For your 2nd question, buyers can issue reprint after changing the printer in the PO.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sanjeev,

Thanks for the detailed reply, but here is what I found in the output log

Information Spool request PRINT_OTF is 2,739

Information Action successfully completed

Information Target Printer: LOCL

But the PO is not printing in my local printer, so should I go to SP01 and process the print from spool, can we automate that without going to SP01? or what else is missing to make my print PO working?

Thanks,

CS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guru's,

Any input on how to Output PO's in SRM??

Thanks,

CS