cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPGui 7.10: Do i need BW3.5, when i install BI 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Folks,

i'm install serval times with serval different options the SAPGui 7.10 Compl.3 with pl13. We have a lot of different old and new SAP Systems. Normaly everything works, but i figured one problem. If i install the SAPGui7.10 with the BI 7.0 Explorer, then i can not use the BW functionality of, for instance an BW 3.0 System.

If i install the SAPGUi7.10 with BW3.5 Addon and BI 7.0 Explorer everything works fine. But is this correct? Should i install the BW 3.5 Addon together with BI 7.0? In many notes SAP writes that BI 7.0 is standalone, but i assume this is a can be! And means not that i have to install it only standalone.

I'm a littelebit confusing.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Cheers

Ulf Muennich

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, if you want work with old work book's from BW 3.5 you must install the 3.5 addon for GUI.

For example we have in same system old and new workbooks -->

BW System checks settings in SPRO --> SAP Netweaver --> Business Intelligence -->

Settings for Reporting and Analysis --> General Settings for Reporting and Analysis --> Set BEx Analyzer Version , and depending on this setting it start's corresponding BEx. If you not install the old BEx 3.5 add-on

you cant work with old books. Regards.

Answers (0)