cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing SAPRouter details in ServiceMarketplace

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have changed our SAPRouter. So it has a new hostname and IP Address. I went into servicemarket and tried to change from the old saprouter details to the new one. Could not figure out a way to make the changes. I saw how we could add an additional SAPRouter but that is not what we want.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Piya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all for your responses. We encountered other issue with firewall and we are working on getting that resolved. I will try out your suggestions once that is resolved and then update the thread on how that goes.

Thanks.

Piya

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Piya

Login to Service Marketplace, go to "Data Administration" tab. Choose your system id. (WXX).

It will open a new window "Display and Maintain System Details". Click on "Edit System"

Rest is self-explanatory.

Thanks and Regards

Anindya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anindya,

I did look at this option. You can specify an additional router here which is like your secondary router. This does not allow you to change the SAP-Router settings and that is what we want to do since we are moving to a different server and would be getting rid of the current server.

Thanks.

Piya

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Piya

Thansk for the update.

I am sure you you did check the message in that page. Still if you did not, please look at the message.

"Important: After changing the SAP-Router it is necessary to close all open service connections (wait some minutes) and open them again in order to assign the new SAP-Router to the service connection(s)."

Please also check the entry there for SAP router in your system from "OSS1>>Parameter

Thanks and Regards

Anindya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I got your problem . You are not able to get the new SAP router entry from drop down in system data page on SMP

Now you can proceed as follows

1.close all open connection

2. go to /serviceconnection --select system XXX --select R3 connection --define period

2. in SAProuter tab put entry as /H/<new IP of sap router>/s/3299. at the same time maintain it in OSS1 tcode in system XXX

3. open connection for system XXX

4. After successful connection open ,I think system will add the entry of new sap router in drop down on system data page

I have never done this myself but give a try and let us all know

success!!

-Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Piya,

Raise a message with SAP .

Cheers

Deepanshu