Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

How to do cross-domain single signon with SAP logon tickets?

Hi,

I am investigating the options for integrating our companies web management / CMS product with SAP EP. I am looking into the different options for doing SSO between our system and SAP. Looking at the options, SAP logon ticket seems most usefull and straightforward to implement, BUT this does not work cross-domain because of limitations on browser cookies. However, from several SDN articles and help pages a document is referenced titled 'Perform Cross-Domain Single Sign-On with SAP Logon Tickets', for example from this SDN page:

'SAP Logon Ticket-based Single Sign-On'

/people/sap.user72/blog/2004/10/25/sap-logon-ticket-based-single-sign-on

The document sounds like exactly what I need to read, but it is located on SAP Service Marketplace (http://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700000909802004E/Cross_Domain.zip ) behind a login (for customers/partners). We are not (yet) a SAP partner, but before we start that process we would like to get as much technical info, do tests, proof of concept etc. Is there some reason this info is behind a login? Is there another public version of this document that I could read? Is it possible to get a temp login when your company has started a SAP certification process?

Please help, I would love to be able to read that document to get a full understanding of the options available, even if it would be just a small summary of what is in the doc. I keep running into links to that document wherever I search... but I cannot download it...

Can anyone tell me:

a) Is it possible to do cross-domain sso with SAP logon tickets?

b) What extra steps are involved to get it to work, how is the domain-barrier dealt with?

c) Is there another option for cross-domain SSO that does not involve SAML or Client Certificates?

Thanks for any help,

-Stijn de Witt

Engineer

<GX> Creative Online Development B.V.

Stijn[DOT]de[DOT]Witt[AT]gx[DOT]nl

(expressed views and opinions are my own and not that of my employer)

replied

Stijn,

the link you've mentioned is of no value, since there's no content behind anymore... ;-(

but maybe this link could help you:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/e0/fa984050a13354e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

It's a description, how to use multiple domains in a SSO scenario from POrtal 6.0SP6 upwards.

kr, achim

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question