cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while transporting to QA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have to import my PI objects frm Dev to QA. In QA ,have created two business systems.

Have imported all the objects but,PI is not able to pick up the file from the location.When checked in Component monitoring,under adapter configuration,its giving as " 0 communication channel found".

What may be the reason for this? Anyone, Please suggest.

Thanks

Veeru

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Open your communication channels in the QA and check if they are pointing to the correct Busineess systems and the file location is proper

Regards,

Neeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer this[ link|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/2626] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]; for all detailed steps from DEV to QA,i think you might be missing any step..have a look at the steps again.Hope it might be useful.

Regards,

Srinivas

Edited by: Srinivas Karnam on Jun 23, 2009 7:46 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>In QA ,have created two business systems.

Why did you create business systems in QA.

You need to create all the business systems/services in Dev,then create Groups and transports in SLD(mapping sender business system to QA and Prd business system),once the objects are transported to QA,it will pick the correct business system name and change them as per QA configuration in all ID objects.

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

I am working in PI 7.1. So here also,Do i need not create the BS in QA.Please suggest.

I have heard that in PI 7.1,we are supposed to create Business systems in QA.Am i right?

Its not able to detect the adapters also.

Thanks

Virendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

You dont have to create business systems in QA in PI 7.1 as well,it must all be controlled in SLD.

The logic is the same,create groups and transport in SLD,then when you transport your objects to QA,it will change the business system names in all ID objects so they point to correct QA system.

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aamir,

Actually We have 2 QA servers i.e QA1 and QA2 and 1 Dev server. Frm Dev,have transported to QA1,it worked well.When transporting to QA2 from DEV ,its saying ,target system is not found,So the basis guys created 2 business systems at QA2.

When transported to QA1,we did not create any business systems,we used the Dev business systems.

Can u just throw some light on this,why this problem is coming.

Thanks

Veeru

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In QA2 SLD, you have to properly mention the source and target business systems based on the business systems available on qa2. It would work.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suhail,

Thanks for your valuable suggestion.Problem got solved.The patch level were not maintained at the QA2 properly.

Thanks

Veeru