cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Watch more then once a week

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

We are going live in 2 months and I wanted to know we are making changes to our systems and we would like to run early watch more than once a week. Can some one tell me if this is possible I know I have to send the session data then kick off the early watch job in SDCCN correct? We are runnning Solman 7.01.

Thanks Mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you question was if you can manually start EWA report for system that is already defined, at any time you want, then the answer is yes. But you have to manually start several tasks:

1. Create New Service Session in Solution Manager

2. Create Refresh Sessions task in SDCCN in satellite system, and then also run newly created EarlyWatch Alert task

3. Run Service Processing in Solution Manager.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ruediger

For the quick responce I appreciate it when I kick the early watch job off does it automatically activate the send session data job in SDCCN, do I have to create another one of those jobs?

Thanks Mike

Also how do I add points just by saying you answered the question?

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> For the quick responce I appreciate it when I kick the early watch job off does it automatically activate the send session data job in SDCCN, do I have to create another one of those jobs?

>

> Thanks Mike

> Also how do I add points just by saying you answered the question?

Check, whether SDCCN -> Tab "Done" shows daily entries of task "Maintenance Package".

If this task is visible, it will check with every execution, whether data needs to be collected.

The expected EWA data collection request are called "EarlyWatch Alert for Solution Manager".

If you don't see any entries in SDCCN under "Done", "to do", it's rather likely, that SDCCN has not been yet activated. In this case, choose "Utilities -> Activate" to perform the initial activation.

(Assigning point: You should see radio buttons with 2, 6, 10 points next to all the replies.)

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> We are going live in 2 months and I wanted to know we are making changes to our systems and we would like to run early watch more than once a week. Can some one tell me if this is possible I know I have to send the session data then kick off the early watch job in SDCCN correct? We are runnning Solman 7.01.

The EWA which is displayed in your SolMan, is also triggered through your SolMan system.

By default, once per week, a EWA session is created for each managed system. SDCCN recognize the data collection request, provides the data and sends it to the SolMan system.

If you want to have an additional system, you need to create an additional EWA session in the SolMan.

To do to,

- run transaction SOLUTION_MANAGER

- enter the Solution Landscape which contains the managed system

- choose Operations -> Solution Monitoring -> EarlyWatch

- choose "New" or "Add" and select the system

Don't be surprised, if the EWA scheduled during one week are identically or at least very similar.

Most data in EWA is based on a weekly basis (actually data of the week before, not the current week).

Best regards,

Ruediger