cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acknowledgement in file to idoc scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have a scenario where i need to take the file , post an idoc and after that generate an ack file.

i am planning to do this through BPM...

receive->send(transport ack)-->trans formation step :send step ( to send the ack file).

My question is do i need to do ALEAUDIT setting on R3 so that send step can receive ack

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

For file to idoc scenario is there any possibility to get line items details or xml details i.e the segments and its related field details using reference id, transaction id or interface name or message id in SAP PI 7.0. I know we need to click each and every message in sxi_monitor and look for details.

For SAP(R3 System) I can create a report and set the job for specific time period so automatically it throws the details(like reference no, document date, invoice no from) in ftp path as .csv file. The same ftp path is maintained in program.

I wanted to check FTP--->PI postings and I have set the job at r3 system it is working fine and Im monitoring it too.

Now the end to end scenario is FTP--->PI--->ECC(R3 system). Please help.Many Thanks.

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

As you knoe ALEAUDIT is a acknowledgment and to process it you need to convert it into XI payload first for that there is one report IDX_ALEREQUEST that converts ALEAUDIT into XI payload and this way u need to use BPM also you can treat this message as inbound message and process further.

Thanks,

Sunil Singh

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> My question is do i need to do ALEAUDIT setting on R3 so that send step can receive ack

Yes. The ALEAUD is transformed to an ack message inside PI and delivered to your BPM.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Since this will be an asynchronous communication, you can easily handle the scenario by using a transport acknowledegment which is supported by the send step in BPM.

You might not use ALEAUD since your sending system (in this case File system) is not capable of receving Idocs.

But if you do need confirmations of your Idoc processing, you can run the RBDSTATE program in your receiving system periodically to get the statuses of your concerned idocs.

Regards,

Akshay

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Suppose i do not use BPM and only use RBDSTATE program to send ALEAUD message back to XI..

can i develop a seperate interface with outbound interface as ALEAUD and inbound interface as the ACk file that I want...

2. Also if i am successful in developing a solution as point 1...ALEAUDIT only gives idoc number and its posting status...how do i get the business data like document number ..so that the sender system can make out that this invoice went in error or success

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

You can do the first point stated. But if you need the details about the data viz., document number, then you have to write a custom program involving RBDSTATE. So, this will bring out the list of Idoc types and then you can read the Idoc number and get the corresponding doc number by running a select thru EDID4.

I'm not aware of any standard program which can do this.

Regards,

Akshay

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>My question is do i need to do ALEAUDIT setting on R3 so that send step can receive ack

Not required since File supports only Transport ack(sent from XI itself).

You just need to configure BPM as given in the below blog,this will send a transport acknowledgment from XI.

Just an FYI that this transport ack. won't tell you if messages was successfully processed in ECC,it will just tell that messages was dispatched from XI successfully.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/06/22/xi-playing-with-the-file-adapters-acknowledgments

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Aamir,

Thanks for a quick reply,

actually my motive is to find wether the idoc was processed OK on ECC...

can i achieve this without BPM and only using ALE AUDIT

also if i use only aleaudit...what king of details will this ALEAUD message contain..will it contain the document number like invoice number which was posted

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>actually my motive is to find wether the idoc was processed OK on ECC...

This can not be handled via File adapter acknowledgment.

Since IDOC is asyn,i m not really sure how you will send an ack. when IDOC is processed successfully.

is this some custom IDOC which you are posting or any User Exit you have added?

Your scenario will be a whole lot easier if you use Proxy on receiver side instead of IDOC.

Thanks

Aamir

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this similar thread which deals with FILE ---> IDOC and then an ack from IDOC (with possibel error):

Also check this doc for IDOC ack configuration:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/903a0abc-e56e-2910-51a8-9dc616df...

Regards,

Abhishek.