Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization Object Documentation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Colleagues,

in earlier SAP versions there was on opportunity to download the documentation for all authorization objects in one docuemtn via

execute transaction SU03 -> Information -> Object List with Documentation -> Download

Does anyone know, where this function has gone to?

Help is appreciated

Helmut

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By SUIM you can get list of all authorization objects..

Go to SUIM --> Authorization Objects --> Choose any of the selection criteria --> execute.. dont put any value in any field..

It will give you the details off all authorization objects exist in the system..

Regards,

Sandip.

0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your answer, but this is not what I'm looking for.

With the function mentioned above I was able to download the complete documentation for all authorization objects (use, fields, and use of fields) in a single file.

0 Kudos

you need to check each differently. Use the following TCodes:

SU21, SE80, SE84

Also you can check the Field attributes for each/all objects from Table TOBJ. The facility as it was there in SU03 is not provided in such fashion any more..

Regards,

Dipanjan

0 Kudos

what a pity, but thank you very much for your clarification

0 Kudos

If you still have access to an older system, you could try to find the function module name which can being called, and then re-create it.

But that is no guarantee that the FM will be there, nor change or not work properly.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

With the help of a collegue I followed your advice.

The feature was availbale in SAP-Release 4.7, however got deprecated in ECC6.0. It was based on function module LIST_USER_DATA .

A workaround is as follows:

In order to obtain the documentation for all authorization objects (e.g. fields, activity codes and the corresponding explanations)

select from table DOKTL (Documentation: Text Lines) where ID (Documentation Class) = u201EUOu201C and LANGU (Language) = u201EENu201C and TYP (Document Type) = u201EEu201C fields OBJECT (Docu. Object), VERSION (Version of Document Modul) , DOKTEXT (Text line in documentation)

In a second step select all records from the resulkt set, where VERSION is highest.

If specific versions are required, refer to table DOKHL (Documentation: Headers).

Regards

Helmut

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for posting this. I was wondering the same thing, and can now followup on all the undocumented custom Auth Objects on my project site. Awesome!

0 Kudos

I discovered that function module LIST_USER_DATA still exists in ECC 6.0. But essential part is commented with *:

WHEN 'L'.                          "Objektliste
*     Deactivate course no possibility to improve
*     accessibility for such lists
*      PERFORM AUTH_CHECK(SAPMS01C) USING OBJ_AUTH
*              SPACE SPACE ACT_SHOW RC.
*      IF RC <> 0.
*        RAISE NO_AUTHORISATION.
*      ENDIF.
*      LEAVE TO LIST-PROCESSING.
*      NEW-PAGE NO-TITLE NO-HEADING.
*      PERFORM LOAD_INTOBJCLSS.                              "MBK38864
**     PERFORM LOAD_INTOBJCLSS_CLASSIFIED.                   "MBK38864
**     PERFORM LOAD_INTOBJCLSS_NOT_CLASSIFIED.               "MBK38864
*      PERFORM LIST_ALL_OBJECTS_WITH_DOCU.
*      CLEAR: SY-UCOMM.

I tried to change that, but function module isn't working then, but I'm not a programmer...