cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.lib.ReportSDKException: PermGen space-

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi every one,

While iam trying to generate crystal report, iam getting the following error.......

com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.lib.ReportSDKException: PermGen space---- Error code:-2147467259 Error code name:failed

Exception: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

Please let me know, how to overcome this problem?

Edited by: abhishek.c1984 on Jun 23, 2009 2:00 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You must increase the amount of memory that you allocate to the "permanent memory" storage space. This is done by modifying the arguments of the JVM and adding something like:

-XX:MaxPermSize=256m

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry to butt in here, but we experienced the same issue, increased our PermGen space, and are still receiving complaints from Crystal. I don't think this suggestion works for all situations, but it's worth a try...

Former Member
0 Kudos

where can i find the JVM settings............so that i can modify it accordingly

Iam using tomcat server......do i need to set these settings in the catalina.bat file?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just follow these steps to configure your JVM memory settings;

Right click on your Project->Run As-> Run configurations-> It opens the tabbed window, where you can find the 'Argruments' tab.

Under this Tab go to ' VM arguments' n set this data over there.

-XX:+CMSPermGenSweepingEnabled -XX:MaxPermSize=256m

-Xmx768m

-> Click on Apply-> Run.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can even do those settings into Java control panel.

Please go through the following web site.

[JVM settings|http://www.auditmypc.com/java-memory-xmx512.asp]

Regards,

Tej

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the reply.......

do i need to set all these three values under VM options?

-XX:+CMSPermGenSweepingEnabled -XX:MaxPermSize=256m

-Xmx768m

Will these settings depends on Operating System and RAM configurations........if yes how can i set these settings dynamically?

Former Member
0 Kudos

>do i need to set all these three values under VM options?

>-XX:+CMSPermGenSweepingEnabled -XX:MaxPermSize=256m

>-Xmx768m

the -XX:MaxPermSize=256m should fix your problem.

>Will these settings depends on Operating System and RAM configurations........if yes how can i set these settings dynamically?

Should be the same regardless of operating system. The amount of RAM you allocate to Java will depend on the RAM available on the machine. You will want to leave some RAM free for other programs to use.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>where can i find the JVM settings............so that i can modify it accordingly

>Iam using tomcat server......do i need to set these settings in the catalina.bat file?

If you are using windows there is a program that sets the config for you. It can often be found at:

C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat\bin\tomcat6w.exe

In the java tab, there is a section for java options. You could add it there.

Answers (0)