cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

earned pts in sap forum gone !!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is for the moderators,

i wanna know tat 2 days back i hve around 50 pts those pts are not reflecting in my annual pt / lifetime pt as well as i m cont. posting several ans. n gettting pts but after few moments those earned pts disappears.

wats the prob????

thanks & regards,

punit raval.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi matt,

i checked tat too...

yesterday it showed tat ur post hve been rejected tats it. nothing abt the voliation of rules.

n today also its happening again jst before an hr i was having 40 posts now its only 30 posts.

i m not understanding wats happening?>???

thanks & regards,

punit raval.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See previous answer as to why your posts were rejected. If you read the full text of the rejection messages, you'll see the text of the post there - usually I amend this to give an indication of the issue.

Please check my business card, and I'll gladly continue this discussion off-line, via email.

matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

matt,

thks . i jst wanted to know if anyone breaks the rules then all the pts will get scrapped out

does this thing happens or the pts tat the person has earned will remain but the pts that it has got by breaking the rules will not be counted????

thanks & regards,

punit raval

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you copy and paste, your account could be deleted, never mind points deducted. Similarly, if you break other rules continually, without responding to emails and rejections. Points earned through copying someone else's material are always deducted. Sometimes, deducting points is the only way to get a response - it's only done as a last resort before deleting...

Please note, you are STILL breaking the rules by typing "pts" instead of "points" "thks" instead of "thanks" "jst" instead of "just" "hr" instead of "hour".

Using such shortcuts makes it very difficult for non-native English speakers to understand and as such is not permitted.

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>thks . i jst wanted to know if anyone breaks the rules then all the pts will get scrapped out

>does this thing happens

Yes, Who ever it may be,

>or the pts tat the person has earned will remain but the pts that it has got by breaking the rules will not >be counted????

if the person found guilty We can remove every thing(not only points, user id also will be deleted from our website) .We call this Guestification in SCN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks vijay for your reply. i got my points back . i think there might me some technical error .

anyways i have read all the rules and regulations of sdn will be now following it.

thanks & regards,

punit raval

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks matt i have got my points back. as you can only see yesterday it was showing 5 points now its showing 55 points . i think there might be some technical problem in the system... thats why it was showing like that.

anyways thanks a lot.. i have read all the rules and regulations of sdn and will be following it.

thanks & regards,

punit raval.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, thanks to you for cooperating and being part of the community. For my part, being a moderator isn't just about policing, but it's about trying to make the place a useful place for everyone. That's why we ask people to report rule violations. It makes the "scn world" better for us all.

matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks a lot matt

i got to know that you were the one who reconsidered me and have given my points back.

i appreciate you matt for telling about rules and regulations.

i will always be following the rules of sdn.

thanks & regards,

punit raval.

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i will always be following the rules of sdn.

This could be a good excercise to make members aware of the Rules and follow it

How about starting right from the top of the table with - one of the top contributors over the past month in ABAP General ?

pk

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what is he doing.., if any thing wrong, we can ..

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

well... nothing much apart from answering all basic questions too

pk

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> what is he doing.

Donu2019t you know yet?!?

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't know about him Amit. I saw his some of the posts, now he is in right direction. will keep an eye on that user.

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> will keep an eye on that user.

I hope its better if he got his eye on this thread

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<<removed>>

Edited by: Vijay Babu Dudla on Jun 25, 2009 12:30 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Probably not a good idea to single out any individual. Lot's of top contributors seem willing to ask very basic questions.

Rob

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sorry Rob, I agree with you.

Edited by: Vijay Babu Dudla on Jun 25, 2009 12:29 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I confess also to having answered a basic question recently, but the person was very new and had tried to understand the topic and was willing to interact.

I guess that if they do see the light (of the search) then it is okay. If they don't, then answering them for ponits is not the solution either... (just disk space).

Cheers,

Julius

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> I guess that if they do see the light (of the search) then it is okay. If they don't, then answering them for ponits is not the solution either... (just disk space).

I feel this is the key. Sometimes when a user asks a newbie question, you just know that he's not really lazy but is an eager learner. Its ok to help him and show him that the search is the ultimate solution. In such cases, I also help them and encourage them to search.

Coming to users who answer basic questions, I dont report a user for "answering basic question" unless Im sure he's a point-hunter. Its quite easy to differentiate a point-hunter from a earnest helper IMO.

I shouldnt have taken names too!!! I take my words back.

pk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Completely agree with you.

Unfortunately there is some grey area though between the ponits-driven contributions and the knowledge-driven contributions, but when it is clear that only ponits are the motivator then continue to hit the Abuse Reports.

Speaking of which... lets take a look at this morning's "back page"...

Cheers,

Julius

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you check the email address with which you registered? Perhaps you've been breaking the Rules of Engagement...

Like by: using txtspk/sms/text messaging abbreviations instead of spelling words out in full, copying and pasting from other sites - for which your account could be deleted - , providing answers that don't reflect the question, providing answers identical to those already posted, posting just a link and thinking that's sufficient for answering a question etc. etc.