Hierarchy Node Suppression in a BeX Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We haev a hierarchy with 3 levels

Level 1 (Root) - Customer Hierarchy

Level 2 - Customer Groups

Level 3 - Customer Number

Is it possible to display the Customer Groups (level 2) without displaying the Root Node (level 1) in a BeX query. If we Expand to level 2 , the query displays both level 1 & level 2. We have a requirement to see level 2 only. Is that possible?

If anyone has done this, would really appreciate if you can respond.

Thanks,

Anita

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

neelesh_jain3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Do one thing create Authorization for Hierarchy so that the user can see only from level 2.

Cheers,

Neel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neel,

I will try doing that.

Thanks,

Anita

former_member186356
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anita,

I know it's been 3 plus years . Any chance do you remember how did you fix this issue.

Thanks

Magge

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

umashankar_poojar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anita,

Even we had same requirement to show at some level, then we have used the same approach as Dhavan Mehta says.

We had hierarchy on Group, so used that as flat list to show data at desired level.

Hope it helps!

Thanks,

Umashankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can not achieve this using Hierarchy display. The solution will be to use characteritsics at each node as a seperate navigational attributes and give user flexibility to navigate as per the requirement. In the free characteritsics, remove the level one characteristics.

- Danny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Danny,

Two concerns with this approach.

Firstly, the data is already in a standard hierarchy in R/3 and has been loaded similarly in BI. To create characteristics we will need to change the abck-end & re-load the data.

Secondly, if we create as Characteristics and 'Display As Hierarchy' in the query, All characteristics in the query are shown one below the other in a single column. We want the other characteristics in seperate columns and only the customer groups & customers displayed is one column with the customers showing below the customer groups.

Any ideas.

Thanks,

Anita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anita,

I am sure that as you have created hierarchy for Customer Number, you have to have customer group as its attribute. Dont you have that?

And if you have your transcational data, you will have them posted against customer number.

you must have Customer Number in the query already and that is the reason you could enable its hierarchy.

My suggestion was to make Customer group as navigational attribute and add them into InfoProvider. You dont have relaod the data again for this.

Moreover, Once you have customer group as navigational attribute, disable the hierarchy for customer number and in your query designer under ROW put Customer Group and Customer Number as two seperate characteristics.

This will elminiate ROOT from the result and you will have customer group and Customer number in the result.

Here the only difference is, instead of showing Customer Number below Customer group, it will be dispalyed in the next column.

- Danny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Danny,

Yes, we do have Customer Group as a navigational attribute of customer. But that field is populated with another value. This particular grouing is for reporting only and is not currently populated as any attribute of the customer master but just as a hierarchy in R/3. We will need to use any unused info object or a add a new one.

Thanks,

Anita.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmm...

In that case, try Neelesh's solution. My understanding about the authorization is, you can set the authorization to restrict the view at a level X and lower than that. But if you set the restriction at ROOT level, all other level below it is restricted automatically.

Moreover, if you restrict user to see ROOT by default, how would they be able to expand the hierarchy if system would allow them to see 2nd an 3rd level (Which I dont think will allow).

- Danny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anita,

I am in similar situation. Will you please share , how did you handled this case?

thanks,

-Su