cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Netweaver 7 & above... saplicense -show?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

Do we see complete list of licenses if we execute saplicense -show (linux based) in Netweaver 7?

Currently in my system I can see output of Temp license but not all the installed license. I don't have probs with logging to system as I have already installed the permanent license which is visible from SAP level.

May be due to digital certificate license we are not able to see at the OS level. This is what my understanding. I didn't find any SAP notes on this.

Please confirm on this...

Thanks in Advance,

Cheers...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer to the SAP Note: Note 870871 - License key installation

Install the digitally-signed license key at operating system level:

Using the parameter saplikey-install <file name> , the system can read the license data from the license key file.

Prerequisites

As of Release 4.5A, the database interface library is linked dynamically. So that saplikey can find this library, you must set the following variables in the environment of the user who calls saplikey: dbms_type = <database type> (for example, ora, inf, ada, mss, db2, db4, db6)

DIR_LIBRARY = <path_for_dynamically_linked_database library> (for example, /usr/sap/SID/SYS/exe/run)

User for saplikey: You must be logged on as user <sid>adm. This ensures that all of the required environment variables are set correctly.

You use the program saplikey for setting up, checking and administering the digitally-signed license keys in your system. It is stored in the directory /usr/sap/<SAPSID>/SYS/exe/run.

Remark: For Microsoft Windows, replace the forward slash / with a back slash \ in all path names.

Always enter the commands under the specification of the profile: saplikey pf=<profile> <command> <product>

SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP systems (Release 7.0)

Digitally-encrypted license key as of AS 7.0.

As of AS 7.0, you should install the new digitally-signed license key. This new, digitally signed license key avoids additional database accesses, thus improving performance.

Install the permanent license key as follows:

• You are in the initial screen of transaction SLICENSE.

• Choose New Licenses.

• Choose Install.

• In the dialog box, specify the file to be loaded.

• You receive a success message that you must confirm. The new license is displayed under Installed Lice

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Hi Ravikumar,

May be you can try with this to check the valid license keys in your system

login with sidadm

saplikey -show <pf=path of instance profile>

Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Strange. Did you try with saplicense -test pf=instance_profile ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can go to slicense and see the New license just Click on the button new license.

If yuo are not able to login the system you can login with sap* if its active.

if you have installed the permament license you shall be able to see it by saplicense -show.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

//Have you Logged in as SIDadm ?//

Yes I did it.

I don't have probs with logging to system as I have already installed the permanent license which is visible from SAP level(SLICENSE).

My question is why I am not able to see all the installed licenses if I execute

saplicense -show ? It is showing only Temp license.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Delete the temporary license from Slisence and then try to run saplicense -show at os level.Do you have HA system.

But if you have installed the license and ever thing is fine it should show you at os level.

Thanks

Rsihi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Its a HA system using HP Service Guard Technology.

Even if we delete the Temp license.. saplicense -show is not showing the installed permanent licenses.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think your temporary license should be still valid.please confirm.

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry did not check the reponse

Former Member
0 Kudos

please check the note

Note 181543 - License key for high availability environment

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you install the Licesne for bith the database and the CI.

Where are you running the saplicense - show.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As far i know you can view the installed license from OS level with

saplicense -show

Have you Logged in as SIDadm ?

Regards

Uday