Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i stop job after specific time

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello ,

how can stop a joj after specific time?

i have a job that run by trigger from qlickview and the job don"t finish before 7 am .

the job cause performance problem ,

Thanks

Menashe.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As other suggested, there is no SAP standard Tcode or program to control it.

But you can always develop a ABAP Prog with the below logic, I am sure that you will be able to achieve your target.

1) Develop a ABAP Z prog with such a logic that this program should look into the table TBTCO for the job details which you want to cancelled and if found your job status Active, this should kill that job.

2) Now schedule this program as a BG job starting at 6:45 AM in the system with daily frequency.

With this program, You should get your target.

With Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As juan told you can't restrict the job time, its completely depends on the step(Report) which you are using for the job, so better to run on background in night timings or less productive hours.

-Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create an ABAP program that submits the program as a function call, so that it would run in dialog and be constrained by rdisp/max_wp_runtime. Then schedule a job to run that ABAP program. If the resulting dialog runs over the limit, it will end.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as i know theres no way to limit the ammount of time a particular job can run. You'll have to find a way to schuedule this job so it run during non-working hours.

Maybe if you describe the scenario we will be able to provide a more suitable answer.

Regards

Juan