Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assignment of activity to the WBSe without network

former_member679976
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I want assign an activity to directly to the WBSe with out network. in CJ20N when i try this network automatically created.

Is it possible to assign activity to WBSe directly without network?

if yes please suggest me settings required in customization or user level.

Actually our requirement is project without network..

thanks in advance

SONAL

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sonal,

First create the network header and assign manually to first level WBSE and Select the respective WBSE then create the activity.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Nag.

former_member679976
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks to all of you....

cheers

Sonal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonal,

It's not possible in SAP for creating an activity with out network:

but there is a work around:

what you can do is create a network at header level WBS and create as many activities as you want.

Next choose the activity and change the WBS Element in the assignment tab from header level to another WBS element in the same project, where the assignment changes and you can see the activity under new wbs element.This way you can avoid creating many Networks.

One network with multiple activities under different WBS Element.

Rgds

Sudhir Reddy

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sonal,

There is no such option for creating the project with out network but having activities.

If you are creating the activities in the project there must atleast one network header in the project.

In txn OPSA check the Network asst and assign to FOR PRD DEF.

Regards,

Nag.

former_member679976
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sarang and NAG,

Thanks for your quick reply.

i tried ur suggestion in DEV server and save the setting as per you. But now when i am creating activities for wbse every time new network is creating as per earlier.

(in project profile 3rd tab of plang board/dated earlier n/w assignment was for wbs now i changed for PD)

what should i do?

thanks

Sonal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try creating activities under one network header then change the responsible WBS element in that activity to WBS element to which you want this activity to be attached. In this fashion, in your structure you wouldn't see too many network header for activities with respect to different WBS element.

Regards

Avisek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I dont think it is possible to create activities without network. But you can make the setting to have only one network and not for all WBS. In Project Profile (OPSA) go to 3rd tab of Plg board/Dates. In that go to sub section of Netwirks. Against Network Assignment select the value as "1" i.e. for project defn. With this you can have only one network at top level and rest of activities can be under WBS.

Thnx

Sarang