Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartform output to word

soumya_jose3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any way I can convert smart form output to word format???......

The letter generated by the smart form needs to be edited.

I don't want in PDF format as PDF cannot be edited.

Regards,

Soumya.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205763
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

smartform output to word conversion is quite complex and may not give desired results , if u want to edit better go for interactive forms

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can work with SmartForms to output your form in a web page. If you visit the forum in Expert forums --> application server --> BSP pages or WebDynpro you´ll find examples of code on how to do this. You can display input fields, checkboxes, buttons and radiobuttons on your form to give the users the possibility to enter information.

However, in order to get the input information you need to program in BSP or WebDynpro, since the forms itself do not contain code to get those values. The processing is done with BSP or WebDynpro code. I´ve done it in my web developments.

Are you working with ABAP/4 for outputting the form ?? In this case it must be true that users have no chance to edit the letter.

If you search in the forums, there are examples on how to generate a MS Word document from ABAP code. In this case, you´re not working with SmartForms.

soumya_jose3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I execute a se38 report , a letter needs to be generated which is downloaded to my local desktop.

I want to edit that letter saved in my desktop to put a date (which has to entered manually). If I can convert the smartform letter generated to word document, then i will be able to edit it. If it is in pdf , editing can't be done.

Will this work by using an adobe forms??

Regards,

Soumya.

former_member205763
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i think yes it can be done thru adobe forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.