Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Drop-downs don't work with variable input parameters

former_member194198
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've got the simplest VC model with a single dropdown field and an input field but the dropdown never works when it the input fields are filled with a dynamic value.

The input field is mapped to the User Data object to show the UNIQUENAME. This is dynamically filled with "tuckerr" at runtime. It is my portal user id.

I want to pass that into the web service that is linked to the dynamic drop down. The dropdown will list "my systems". The web service has a single input parameter - userid. When I hard code the input parameter of the dropdown as "tuckerr", I see the 4 values in my dropdown. When I use the formula @UNIQUENAME it syntax checks fine but the dropdown is not filled with the values, despite the fact the input box contains "tuckerr".

if I try to get the data directly out of the user data object via USER@UNIQUENAME, it initially checks fine but then I get the error "this.diagram is null or not an object".

Is it possible to pass a dynamic value into a data service that provides data for a drop-down?. I'm using VC 7.01 SP3.

Cheers

Richard

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rechard,

we also face the same problem in VC 7.0 based on NW2004s SP17. Trying to fill dropdown lists with dynamic data from a BI query with variables.

Did you find a solution?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Nacho.

former_member194198
Active Participant
0 Kudos

SAP provided a hotfix which resolved our issue. It was a bug in the VC engine itself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

did SAP open a Note? Could you please tell us the number?

We face the same problem now and we just opened a new message to SAP but if you have the note number maybe we can apply it.

Thank you very much for your help!

Nacho.