Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expired Roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a issue...

When I assign to a user a temporary role, eg: WR_PAYMENT_01 - from 01.05.2009 to 01.06.2009 and when we get to a date that he should lost the assignment he didn't... if you go to PFCG the user still green... and if you check at SU01 it still green too... the same problem hapen to opposite... I mean to automatically grant the role...

Any help ??

Best Regards

Sergio Maziano

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member701183
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is a good practise to schedule a back ground job for PFCG_Time_Dependency to run every day in Production system which updates the User Master records and deletes profiles against which no role exists. Txn PFUD also does the same but running PFUD directly in production is not recommended as it will create problem for users logged in. Please let me know if any clarification further is required.

Regards

Aveek.

4 REPLIES 4

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

to make the automatic assignement/removal of the roles profile work, you have to schedule pfcg_time_dependency (report rhautupd_new). you can schedule the job using TX PFUD.

Remember, that only the profile is added/removed, not the role itself.

b.rgds, Bernhard

former_member701183
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is a good practise to schedule a back ground job for PFCG_Time_Dependency to run every day in Production system which updates the User Master records and deletes profiles against which no role exists. Txn PFUD also does the same but running PFUD directly in production is not recommended as it will create problem for users logged in. Please let me know if any clarification further is required.

Regards

Aveek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Above response already provided you the answers. For more clarification, If you check the change document after successful run of the job, it will show that the profile has been deleted. But role will still show in the user id in green status.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, I will use this thread for a thing that are blowing my mind 😃

Would be a good practice to schedule a job for PRGN_COMPRESS_TIMES to do this job.

Lets say, that PRGN_COMPRESS_TIMES as first job to remove all expired and duplicated roles and right as next step run the PFCG_TIME_DEPENDENCY ?

Im trying to insert the first one here where i work, but there so much things that lock the implementation that I just gave up.

But now reading this thread I think it can be done.

by the way, is there a Note or any information about this ?