cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have Java/J2ee background , whether to go for EP or XI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am having 2 years of real time experience in Java/J2ee.

I have already leaned ABAP and I don't have work experience in ABAP.

Now I would like to go for SAP Netweaver.

So,Please let me know whether to go for EP or XI?

How will be the demand and requirement for EP and XI in the market now and in the future?

Please give me suggestion. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Cris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Cris,

I joined SAP NetWeaver after almost 5 years of experience in JAVA/J2EE. If you want to get in to EAI and have some experience in any EAI tools or technologies like say JMS, then XI would be a choice. If you want to stick with web development then EP would be the choice.

No matter what you choose technologically you would add another dimension to your profile. This would help you later on if you want to move towards systems architecture.

I hope this helps.

sachin kotalwar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cris,

I also have joined the NetWeaver Space[XI] from a plain J2EE background ..after 5 years into J2EE. I think your J2EE knowledge would be equally useful in both EP as well as XI. Offcourse , the spectrum of tasks you do in J2EE projects i.e. right from design to devlopment & deployment part might get narrowed as you wont be able to touch WebAS that easily as you could in a Weblogic / WebSphere based project.This is because the administration part is most of the times taken care by the basis team and your job would remain confined to design / development.

Demand and requirement for EP and XI...wait and watch. I guess nobody can predict such things in todays world with ever changing technologies!!!