Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC forecast consumption (Planned Ind Requirements) in APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning,

I have the following scenario:

I have Planned Ind. Requirements for 60 in ECC, this is being seen in APO.

I then create a planned order for 10 and I can see the reservation and open qty of the Planned Ind Req reduces to 50 (in both APO and ECC) this is as expected.

If I then issue (confirm the production and post 5 out of the 10 into stock). In ECC I now see I have 5 in stock, planned ord of 5 outstanding and the balance on the planned ind requirements of 50.

In APO I see stock of 5, planned order of 5 but the open qty of the planned ind requirement (checked in the forecast tab in the product view) has gone to 55 (so it is only looking at the planned orders (reservation).

I have checked the CIF and I get the following 3 documents going through to APO.

Stock update

Reservation Update

Planned Ind requirements (this document states there has been no change to the forecast).

I have come to the conclusion that we are not sending the forecast consumption info from ECC to APO,

How and were do there do this ??

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As the reply i want to add few more points.

For the particular material if u want the forecast to be consumed it depends upon the Forecast Stratefy that u maintain in the Material Master Mrp view.

In APO we have only 10,20, 40, 50 as requirement strategies.

U maintain the settings accordingly in ECC and check the req strategy set in material master demand tab in apo.

Also it depends upont he strategy u maintain in Requirement strategy settings..Maintain the appropriate settings for ur forecast to be consumed

Edited by: Karthik Suresh on Jun 30, 2009 8:27 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi UKuser,

For forecast consumption to happen, you need to define planning strategy in customisatio of ECC and the same has to be maintained in material master of the products(MRP3 view)

The link for customisation is spro > sap guide > production > production planning > planning strategy > define strategy.

Please confirm whether your query is resolved.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.