cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax codes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helllo,

For a country, the tax should be changed from July 01 2009. SO new tax codes have been created to take care of this. However, the requirement is invoices issued on or after 1st of July should be handled with the new tax codes resp percetages.For items delivered before this date but invoiced later in July, the old tax codes are still to be applied.

Can this requirement be met?

Thank you very much.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
1)  When this has to be updated. 
       Does it update the sales order?

No it will not but will update in billing document.

Also as I already suggested, you need not change any configuration settings. Just execute VF04 and maintain the billing date as 30th June and select "Default Data" tab where you maintain service rendered date which may be any day in June. Now deliveries created on or before June will have old tax code in billing with old value.

Follow the above for July. That you have to select rest of the deliveries and change the service rendered date to july in case you want new tax value to flow in billing document.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

for this part :For items delivered before this date but invoiced later in July, the old tax codes are still to be applied.

you can maintain the copy control at item level of the copy control of so to billing type ,or delivery to billing type as you are doing now , and set the "price type " as E ,which will E Adopt price components and fix values.

Of course ,you can also define a new pricing procedure with your new tax conditon type , and assign the pricing procedure to so type before the july 1st cut over.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for your reply. However, i have few question.

1) When this has to be updated. Does it update the sales order?

2) During the creation of condition record for new tax code, looks like we will still have the old tax code valid till June30 and create next line with validity date strating from 01 July.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

FTXP - Maintain tax code

enter the country

enter tax code

enter tax jurisdiction

enter the tax details (percentage) as per your requirement

goto VK11 - enter the condition type - UTXJ - here you assign tax code

thanks,

Mohanprabu C

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

U can assign it in FTXP.

Please let me know if you still need any help.

Thanks and regards,

Rajeshwar.

skrishen9
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

To create new tax code and asign the g/l account you can use t code FTXP.

Thanks

Sushant

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Follow the suggestion given in this thread

[Re: VAT PERCENTAGE CHANGE |]

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It is depending upon the Pricing type maintained in the copy controls, i think you can achieve your requirement if you work on the pricing type.

Regards

Sekhar