cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPS16 update applied in JSPM is not reflected in SPAM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have applied SPS16 via JSPM. It went well and deployment is complete. However, when I look into SPAM it still displays old patch levels without any update. I guess JAVA SPS archives were suppose to update ABAP alongside when the ABAP sar files were avaialble in the /EPS/in dir.

What could be the reason? And how to check the ABAP update.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now you have catched the point you are 100% right

Regards

Uday

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

So what I understand is that a Support Package Stack applied via JSPM will only update JAVA packages, regardless it contains ABAP packages also.

So we sould apply Support Package Stack only to update JAVA stack in JSPM and for ABAP stack update should go via SPAM!

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have applied SPS16 via JSPM. It went well and deployment is complete. However, when I look into SPAM it still displays old patch levels without any update. I guess JAVA SPS archives were suppose to update ABAP alongside when the ABAP sar files were avaialble in the /EPS/in dir.
What could be the reason? And how to check the ABAP update.

Java support packs should be applied through SDM/JSPM and ABAP SP's through SPAM.

ABAP support packs cannot be applied through JSPM

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you chech via system->status-> component info ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. It's the same old patch level in comp info... exectly as in SPAM.

I guess applying Support Package Stack does update both ABAP and JAVA Stacks. If this is the case then why SPAM is displaying old patch levels.

Should we be applying ABAP stack seperately after the deployment of SPS16 on JSPM? Please advise.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per as my knowledge goes JSPM is for JAVA stack, system kernel update but you have to use SPAM for ABAP side.