cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPE_ADAPTER MESSAGE_NOT_USED Message is not used by any processes

Former Member
0 Kudos

We need some help on BPM flow. We are at it for last 3 days without much progress. We are able to make sync call to same BAPIs and get data without any issue. However, with BPM we have this issue

I am creating the simplest integration scenario as

1. HTML/HTTP-->BPM (Async)

2. BPM-->R/3 (Sync)

3. BPM-->File (Async)

Created all required interfaces and mapping. I have some dummy mapping for first 2 cases. I am able to activate the integration scenario and Integration Process without any error. I am able to import it in integration directory successfully without any error. When I am executing the first async request from HTML client I am invariably end up with an error from sxmb_moni as

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

- <!--

Call Adapter

-->

- <SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand="">

<SAP:Category>XIAdapter</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="BPE_ADAPTER">MESSAGE_NOT_USED</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1 />

<SAP:P2 />

<SAP:P3 />

<SAP:P4 />

<SAP:AdditionalText />

<SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage namespace="" />

<SAP:Stack>Message is not used by any processes</SAP:Stack>

<SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry>

</SAP:Error>

The BPM is not getting invoked. Looking at the trace it shows that there is an error after creating BPE proxy for message as

<Trace level="3" type="T">created BPE proxy for message DE5FB5802F33D3F19373005056A12466</Trace>

</Trace>

</Trace>

- <Trace level="1" type="B" name="CL_XMS_MAIN-WRITE_MESSAGE_LOG_TO_PERSIST">

<Trace level="3" type="T">Persisting message after plsrv call</Trace>

<Trace level="3" type="T">Message-Version = 007</Trace>

<Trace level="3" type="T">Message version 007</Trace>

<Trace level="3" type="T">Pipeline CENTRAL</Trace>

</Trace>

<Trace level="3" type="System_Error">Error exception return from pipeline processing!</Trace>

<Trace level="1" type="B" name="CL_XMS_MAIN-WRITE_MESSAGE_TO_PERSIST" />

What I have checked so far:

1. I have checked that the developer key is assigned to my user id

2. Used SWF_XI_CUSTOMIZING to make sure that all the process are green

3. Used sxi_cache to make sure that the BPM process has return code 0 and also reactivated it numerous times. Also checked activation log and no error there

4. Used SXMP_ADM_BPEAutomatic BPM Customizing to check all the entries are green

5. There are not any message in sxmb_moni_bpe for my interface shows no message

Input call has:

1. Sender Service: MFG_BPM_BusinessSystem

2. Sender Interface: MI_Outbound_Async

3. Quality Of Service: EO

4. Sender Name space: Name space

5. Input XML:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<ns0:BAPI_SALESORDER_GETLIST xmlns:ns0="urn:sap-com:document:sap:rfc:functions">

<CUSTOMER_NUMBER>0000001000</CUSTOMER_NUMBER>

<DOCUMENT_DATE/>

<DOCUMENT_DATE_TO/>

<MATERIAL/>

<MATERIAL_EVG>

<MATERIAL_EXT/>

<MATERIAL_VERS/>

<MATERIAL_GUID/>

</MATERIAL_EVG>

<PURCHASE_ORDER/>

<PURCHASE_ORDER_NUMBER/>

<SALES_ORGANIZATION>1000</SALES_ORGANIZATION>

<TRANSACTION_GROUP/>

<SALES_ORDERS>

<item>

</item>

</SALES_ORDERS>

</ns0:BAPI_SALESORDER_GETLIST>

Any clue, help pointer will be of great help. Just beats me, what is wrong!!

Version:

SAP R/3 ECC 6.0

XI 7.0

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like we have finally fixed this! The issue was because of having multiple service name mapped to same repository name within same namespace in sxi_cache. How did we end up having multiple entries there? Probably we have done, import, re-import multiple time with a different service name in directory for same BPM. Shouldnu2019t be the issue though but it doesnu2019t work! We have renamed the BPM in repository and re-imported it with the same name in directory. It started working!

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This error comes when the message (message type) send by the Sender is not matching the one configured in the corresponding Receive Step of the BPM.

So what you need to check:

1) The MI used in the BPM is having the MT as needed.....crosscheck it with the MT that is configured in the MI_Outbound_Async......if you are using a Mapping in the Interface Determination then check if the output message of the mapping is the same as the receive of the BPM.

2) Check if there are any Error instances of the BPM in SWWL....also check for the cache status (not the return code...since you have already done it)

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check these threads where they have the same issue:

---Satish