cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

On our PI7.1 Dev server, archiving is working fine............

On our PI7.1 Prd server, in SXMB_MONI for archived msgs, we see it is showing Write completed and not Delete completed........

when i checked in Dev server in the job, then i saw RSXMB_ARCHIVE_PLAN is scheduled and this invokes RSXMB_ARCHIVE_MESSAGES and then another job for RSXMB_DELETE_ARCHIVE_MESSAGES begins.......

but when i saw in Prd server in the scheduled job, then i saw RSXMB_ARCHIVE_PLAN is scheduled and this invokes RSXMB_ARCHIVE_MESSAGES but then no job for RSXMB_DELETE_ARCHIVE_MESSAGES begins............

So why the second job is not getting automatically started in Prd server - is there some configuration left..........

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member334189
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear misecmisc,

kindly check the configuration of the deletion job. To do so call transaction AOBJ for archiving object BC_XMB and go to Customizing Settings. In section Delete Jobs select option Start Automatically. In case you are asked to enter a package name to save your change, enter SXMSPERSIST. The next time an archiving session completes the deletion job is fired up automatically.

For previous archiving runs you may want to start deletion manually. To do so call transaction SARA for archiving object BC_XMB and click Delete. After selecting an archiving run you can schedule the archiving job by entering an appropriate start time and spool parameter.

Best regards,

Harald Keimer

XI Development Support

SAP AG, Walldorf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi harald,

Please give any reference doc that talks about "how the archiving or deleting works for ccBPM based messages".

Because, we have most of the interfaces are running with ccBPM.

Please help.

Thanks

Sekhar

former_member334189
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sekhar,

from your question I understand that you are dealing with XI messages in the Integration Server which (a) have been received from ccBPM OR (b) which are to be sent to ccBPM.

From XI point of view the ccBPM is an ordinary sender or receiver system. At the first glance there is nothing special about XI messages coming from / going to ccBPM. These XI messages are reorganized like all other XI messages as soon as all 3 preconditions are fullfilled: (1) retention period has expired (2) messages state is final (3) adapter state is final.

To ensure (2) and (3) reorganizational steps have to be carried out in ccBPM. Please find a comprehensive description on how to reorganize ccBPM in OSS note 1042379. After all these steps have been executed completely and correctly the message state and the adapter state of the corresponding XI messages in the Integration Server change to 'final'. Then these XI messages are allowed to be reorganized by standard XI deletion and archiving jobs.

Best regards,

Harald Keimer

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

reschedule delete job from sxmb_adm --- administration --- schedule delete jobs