SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split Valution in SAP IS Retail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

II need to separate stock by price. For example vendor offer discount for particular article which has stock already at DC or Store. How can I differentiate these stocks at DC or Store? Can split valuation concept apply here?.

Regards

Vijai Jain

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Avoid split valuation... you can counter the same by two fold strategy

1) if the inventory is low at the Store..wait for the stock to be replenished with the new price (from DC)

2) if the DC inventory has to be pushed , then you can have different prices with the help of multipe EAN .

Jonk

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Avoid split valuation... you can counter the same by two fold strategy

1) if the inventory is low at the Store..wait for the stock to be replenished with the new price (from DC)

2) if the DC inventory has to be pushed , then you can have different prices with the help of multipe EAN .

Jonk

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply...I want to see and maintain different stock..so that everybody would konw how much we sold out and how much we have stock include promotion stock and old price stock...

Requirement is vendor offer same special price only for certain period to pruchase, therefore, company want to utilize this offer. In sap system, stock planner and store guy would know which stock is purchased new price and which is old, so that they will motior and plan....

Regards

Vijai Jain

0 Kudos

Split valuation should be a good solution for this requrement. Partial stocks of an article can be valuated separately at the site level. Valuation categories and types are defined for each site; that is, for each valuation area level.

A valuation type characterizes one of the possible types of stock for a certain valuation category. Default valuation types can be defined for a valuation category.

This affects the valuation type that is to be entered in a purchase order. If you want to carry out split valuation for an article, you enter a valuation category in the accounting data of the article. This defines which valuation types can be specified.

- kanica

PS : I got this link sometime back. Might help you. [http://www.sap123.com/showthread.php?t=29]

0 Kudos

i suggest use batch management for visibility of stock (price)....on the procurement side...

and at the sales side use these batches (parent -child relationship) for arriving at the sales price..

Jonk