Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the stack XML file for EHP4 upgrade on ECC 6.0 SR2 ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

My system is ECC 6.0 SR2 ABAP running on MSSQL server with Windows

I am planning to install EHP4 SP3 using SAPEHPi on that,now the issue is I have downloaded the patches required using Solution Manager but it doesnt give me the option for downloading the stack XML file

How do I get the stack XML file now?

I read and found that there are some SAP notes which will need to be applied in solution manager as it is currently on SP15,but again I can't do that as I have to do EHP1 on this next month

So the question is How do I get the STACK XML file?Is it required when we only do ABAP upgrade?

Can I do this upgrade using SAINT?

Please guide me

Rohit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

EPH4 cannot be applied through SPAM/SAINT.You need to go with EHPI.

For the XML file you need to goto Solution Manager Maintain Optimiser and Create A new Maintenance Transaction and then select the EHP4 sp3 stack and Complete the maintenance transaction and at the end you shall get the XML file.

Thanks Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rishi

I did that but strangely why I dont understand that I am not able to get the XML file

Well I guess the ABAP can be done through SAINT

isnt'it,though SAP prefers it to be done through SAPEHPi

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please check these Setting for the download of XML File.

For EHP upgrade, we need Solution Manager 7.0 on Support Package Stack 15 at least.In order to allow SAPehpi to download stack configuration file from Solution Manager, we need to maintain RFC to Solution Manager from the system that needs to be upgrade as follows:

Log on to system that needs to be upgrade.

Go to transaction SM30

Open table BCOS_CUST and create following entry:

Column 1: Application: OSS_MSG

Column 2: +: W

Column 3: RFC Destination: RFC Destination to Solution Manager System

Column 4: +: CUST620

Column 5: +: 1.0

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

If you are facing some problem in generation in xml file then follow SAP Note 1134872 - Maintenance Optimizer: FAQ for Stack Delta Files...

It conatins all relevant notes for problem in xml file generation...

Also, you can done ABAP patching via SAINT for that you need maintenance certificate... But SAP recommends to use SAPehpi tool

Thanks

Sunny

Edited by: Sunny Pahuja on Jun 23, 2009 10:14 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What is the source and the target path you have selected

So the question is How do I get the STACK XML file?Is it required when we only do ABAP upgrade

I as far i know STACK XML file contains the information of all the SP stacks you have added to your download basket and calculate the same during Support pack upgrade.

You can still proceed with Upgrade even if you miss out STACK XML,see to it that you include all the dependencies in the queue and calculate the queue accordingly

Regards

Uday