cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card Payment Authorization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My Requirement: Non SAP CRM will request payment authorization by giving the data's of Credit card details, required Amount, sales area details. Now SAP need to send result of authorization. this is not during Sales order creation.

I found a BAPI for this "BAPI_CREDITCARD_AUTHORIZATION".

1. I want to know whether this is enough for the requirement?

2. Do we need to configure something for this?

3. Is there any interface required for processing payment authorization? or SAP will maintain the data's?

Please suggest.

TIA

Muthu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Muthu,

The BAPI BAPI_CREDITCARD_AUTHORIZATION has a bug in it and does not work as it is. This BAPI is used in HR and other modules. My former client requested a fix for this BAPI to SAP and was rejected. You will need to make some Enhancements for it to work.

If I understand your requirement correctly, authorization is obtained when the non-SAP CRM transaction occurs. SAP need to duplicate a document with authorized information. Correct? IF so, BAPI_CREDITCARD_AUTHORIZATION may not be exactly the one you want. This BAPI will go get authorization from SAP.

What you may be envisioning is more of population of authorization response record within SAP.

If you are going to use BAPI_CREDITCARD_AUTHORIZATION, you will need to configure account determination for credit card. I may be able to give you more information if you can provide more details as to in which module you are trying to implement credit card solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your valuable inputs.

My exact requirement: Required module - SD

We are integrating SAP system with non SAP CRM. Whenever CRM creates Sales Order for the Customer, CRM requires the Credit Card Authorization to be completed to book (save) the order. CRM will not directly integrated with Credit Card authorization processing, But it will send the Credit card and Required Amount Details to SAP (This details are available in BAPI as Input parameter. By having the credit card details, SAP will check the authorization (This needs to be configured already in SAP including third party tool for the same) and send the result back to CRM (The result or available in BAPI as output parameter.

Now my question is, Is this possible using the given BAPI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

I think I am a lot clear now.

If that is the case, you want to use BAPI_SALESORDER_SIMULATE, BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT2 and BAPI_COMMIT.

If your CRM order can be saved with card declined information, you can skip to BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT2.

First, you will populate credit card information to BAPI_SALESORDER_SIMULATE. This BAPI returns the authorization response to the calling system without storing the order in R/3. If the authorization was declined and your CRM system does not save the order with card decline, you stop here.

Once authorization is obtained, you can then call BAPI_SALES_ORDER_CREATEFROMDAT2 with credit card information (again) and AUTH_FLAG = 'X'. If this field is blank, SAP will use the credit card details to request a new authorization. If it is = 'X', then SAP will use that to build a REQUEST and a RESPONSE line in the payment card header screen.

Don't forget to COMMIT.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again Noriko,

I have also found the same BAPI: BAPI_SALESORDER_SIMULATE. And it resolved the problem.

Muthu

Answers (0)