cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during loading of initialization data for 0ic_c03

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am setting up the inventory cube 0IC_C03 for stock reports. I am following the document How to Scenarios for inventory management.

I have made the necessary preperations in the R/3 side. The setup tables have been populated and the data is visible using rsa3.

Now in BW i have created infopackages for the 3 data sources 2LIS_03_BX / BF / UM.

For 2LIS_03_BX the update status is generate initial status

For 2LIS_03_BF the update status is initialize delta process

For 2LIS_03_UM the update status is initialize delta process

I am now trying to upload the data for stock initialization by scheduling the 2LIS_03_BX infopackage for an immediate pull. However in the manage are there are no records being transferred (0 of 0 records) and the status of the request is yellow.

Is there some interim step that i am perhaps missing?

Regards

Pranav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks vishvesh for the tip. However while trying to troubleshoot the system i saw that the error is "InfoObject SOLD_TO does not contain alpa-conforming value" .

I found another thread dealing with this error.

However the thread talks about changing the conversion routine to ALPHA. The info object already has the conversion routine as ALPHA. However i am assuming that the routine may have got changed during the installation of business content. What is the best way to regenerate this routine?

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the transfer rules,go to the row that contains the transfer rule for this infoobject.

Scroll to the right and u will see a checkbox for 'Use conversion routine'.

Tick this checkbox,save and reactivate transfer rules and then try reloading.

System automatically does the alpha conversion for u,when u use this checkbox.

hope it helps..

cheers,

Vishvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishvesh

Thanks.. I did this. However now when i am trying to redo the pull of the data (for BF) the system pops a message saying "Delete init request XXXX before running init again with same selection"

So i deleted the request from the cube and the PSA but the message still remains and i am unable to do the pull again with the new transfer rules.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

go to the init infopackage,

in the menu 'scheduler' click on 'initialization options for source system'.

A new screen will appear that shows single entry of an init request.

Use the delete icon that appears in bottom of this screen.It will ask confirmation,say YES.

Then the request will not appear in that screen.

You have to do this as system wants to maintain single init data request from a datasource.

After doing this it will allow u to run the init load.

cheers,

Vishvesh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys!

Thanks! I was able to solve the problems. The errors in the cube were coming mainly due to the field 0BATCH where users had entered data which contained special characters.

After discussions with the user group we temporarily increased the special characters allowed (SPRO > Netweaver > BW Settings > special characters allowed) to include the characters that were permitted. Since these had been loaded as a part of the master upload from the legacy data there was no way to change them in R/3. After uploading the data the permitted special characters were removed and the restrictions on R/3 imposed for this field.

Thanks to all of you for your help..Aby and Vishvesh specially!

Finally one last question... the how to document does not tell me if i have to create a delta infopackage for the cube. Do i need to do this or the original infocubes need to be modified?

regards!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Copy the init infopackage and create an infopackage for the delta load.

Always better to have 2 separate infopackages for the init and delta loads.

U dont need any modifications in original cubes,for them to take delta loads.

cheers,

Vishvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vishvesh

The option for the delta has to be

initialize delta process

> initialize delta transfer

> early delta initialization

which of these options needs to be ticked?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use radio button for 'initialize delta process'.

Dont tick check box for 'without data transfer'.

Also dont tick 'early delta init' checkbox.

Only select radio button for 'initialize delta process'.

cheers,

Vishvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the help guys. The data has come into the BW system but due to several errors the request was not completed.

I am trying to edit the data in the psa but the errors are due to faulty data entry in the R/3 system. Since the R/3 system was also setup not very long back a large amount of master data was uplaoded from flat files. Because of this there are entries in the data such as special characters or the data field not matching the correct size.

Is there a way to put a filter on the data being transferred from R/3 so that such data doesn't flow and the request doesn't bomb?

Thanks...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here's a reply I had posted in another thread..

-

Do u mean to do this..

All valid records in the data packets must go through to data target.All error records must get collected together.

Even if error record in 1st record of 1st packet,load should go on with loading of valid records..till the last data packet,and should fail only when error record found.

U can do this by going to update tab in infopackage,clicking on error handling button,then on the 3rd radio button.Also set no. of records upto which system should tolerate errors.

All valid records will go through and system will store the error records separately in a separate request.

These will remain in PSA without updating to target.

You can correct and load the error records request from PSA to data target.

-

cheers,

Vishvesh

Message was edited by: Vishvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishvesh

This looks like an interesting possibility

But i am unsure of the procedure that you are recommending. When I go to the update tab in the infopackage the only options that i find is

Update mode

Full update

Initialize delta process

>initialize without data transfer

>early delta initialization

Data update type in data targets

always update data

do not update data

Which of these options are you referring to?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do u see a 'error handling' button in the update tab?

click on it..

cheers,

Vishvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Pranav,

Assuming (as mentioned by you in earlier thread) that:

1.Set up on R/3 side has been done for BX, BF & UM. Hope the sytem updates were stopped for this.

2. RSA3 shows values for all three.

3. Connection between BW and R/3 is working fine.

Steps to follow:

1. Replicate datasources in BW(all three). in rsa1-> source sytem(double click on the src system).

in the right most pane, right click on the related infoarea and replicate datasources. check if u can see these datasources hre.

2. Create infopakge for BX with "openig stock " option.

execute the load.

3. compress the request without checking the "no marker update" in the cube.

4. Create infopkge for BF with "initialise" optoin and execute.

5. Compress this request in manage screen of cube with checking the "marker update".

6.Continue with UM as you did for BF.

7.Schedule V3 updates for these in R/3 side. check in RSA7 on execution of these V3 updates and see if delta records are reflected here.

8.Create delta infopackge for BF & UM with update option "Delta".

9.execute these infopackgs.

10.compress these delta requests in cube by not checking the "no marker update" check box.

Hope this helps..

thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AHP / Aby

The update was going on for an elongated period of time so I set the QM status to red and have restarted the data pull. This time the data did come to the BW system but still showed an error.

The details panel shows the following information

> Overall status : Errors occured or missing messages

> Requests everything ok (green light)

>Extraction : Errors occured (yellow light)

>>25000 records sent (yellow)

>>22115 records recieved (green)

>Transfer (Idocs and TRFC) Errors occurred

>> Data package1 :25000 records arrived in BW (green light)

>> Data package 2 : arrived in BW. Data records for package 2 in PSA-1 er (red light)

>Processing (Errors Occured) (red)

>> Data package1 (25000 records):missing messages (yellow)

>>>update PSA (25000 records posted) : no errors (green)

>>>transfer rules (25000 records >25000 records) : no errors (green)

>>>Update rules (25000 >39027 records): no errors (green)

>>> Update (0new/0 changed) Warning recieved(red)

>>>>Data records for package 2 selected in PSA 1 error

>>>>>>>> record 1965 : value of characteristic 0batch contains invalid number

>Processing End : Errors occured

>> Error 4 in the update

According to my understanding of the situation there is a data error in the record 1965 in the second package. Is it possible / advisable to go an edit this in the PSA? If not then what is the procedure to be adopted. Since this is an initiallization and not a delta update i am not sure whether i should pull this again!

Thanks in advance and for all the help so far! its really appreciated!

pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello pranav,

is this for BF?

inits can again be loaded. for this delete the red request from the cube. Go to the init infopackage ->scheduler-> intialisation options for source sytem-> delte the init request seen in red.

Till the data is in set up tables, you can redo the init.

hope you have not started the v3 yet?

you can also always edit in psa and then relaod from psa.

try avoiding changing the qm status.

hope this helps..

thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi aby

this is for bx. i am first uploading the stock and then the material movement as i guess thats how its done.

i am in the scheduler but the initialisation option for source system is inactive. Will this be activated once i delete the request from the cube??

also when i am in the psa option of RSA1 and i go to the psa of the cube 2LIS_03_BX_IE then it does not show any requests as pending? Will this be visible only if i delete the request?

Also should i delete the request without changing the qm status?

regards!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pranav,

Sorry again for the delay. i will start from where we left i.e ur post on Apr 25, 2006 8:16 AM :

If it is for BX, you wont have "intialisation option" in the infopakcage. you will instead have "create opening balance" option in it.

You need to select this. have u checked in rsa3 for records for BX. if it shows record, go ahead and load data in bw using the option mentioned above.

BX is meant to load opening balance only. ( hope you are using all standard business content objects and have not modified the cube!!).

PSA will have requests only when you have loaded the same request earlier using psa as option. As we are loading BX in BW for first time after the set up in r/3,you may not see any psas.

just to confirm, let me know if you have loaded few requests earlier in this cube. check out the manage screen in the cube and let me know if you can see any requests with green/red status and which are they?

Also when you have installed the infosource from the business contents, did u select the grouping as " all necessary objects". if yes, then all objects for master data have already been installed. try to laod master data for major object out of these earlier. for this you need to assign the datasource for each one of these. if any datasource is missing for these objects, try to activate the same from rsa5!! load mster data first and then go ahead with the cube loading.

Hope this helps..

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Pranav,

check if the job is start running in the r/3 ?

or job triggered in r/3 ? (check job name bi_requ* and user id as used in sm59 rfc for r/3 source system).

if there is no job triggered in r/3 then possibly connection between bw-r/3 not established properly.

check sm59->rfc r/3 source system and do 'test'->'test authorization'. make user id and password correct and sufficient authorization is granted.

from bw side go to monitor of the request and check menu

environment -> process overview -> in the datawarehouse(sm50)

-> job overview (sm37) in datawarehouse and source system

check also for

-> short dump (st22)

-> ale management

-> system log (sm21)

-> trfc

hope this helps.