cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal system down due to core file generation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Our env.. is EP 6.0 with oracle 9i as DB,LINUX as OS.

The system is frequently getting stoped due to insufficient space in the FileSystems .

This is happening due to core files and heapdump files generation which are very big in size .

core files are getting generated under /tmp directory and as this directory is getting filled up, it throws as insufficient space and system is getting down .

After we manually clearing up the space by deleting these core files under /tmp & heapdump.phd .javacore.txt files from /usr/sap/<SID>/JC<n>/j2ee/cluster/server<n>/ ...The system is comming to normal functionality ,but again after some time it is repeating .

Can any one suggest me , to fix this problem .

And what are the parameters to be disabled to stop these files generation ?

Best Regards

Rakesh

But

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please check the below note and set the JVM parameters in the configtool accordingly.They shall solve you problem.

Note 723909 - Java VM settings for J2EE 6.40/7.0

Note 879377 - How to adjust the JVM parameters used by SDM

690839 Forcing Java VM to create core dumps after memory corruption.

If this does not solve you problem please check the Linux Version in note

Note 171356 - SAP software on Linux: Essential information.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

These files are getting generated because your JVM is getting crashed frequently.

When JVM crash, JVM captures the state of the JVM at the time of crash and these files generate.

Please study your std_server log very carefully and you will find some lines like "Out of Memory" kind of error.

Now if you can stop the crash of the JVM, these files wont generate any more.

I have faced the same issue and Fix it using the following ways.

1) Upgrade your JVM to the latest version so that better memory management will be in place.

2) If still these files getting generated, you can tune the new version of the JVM.

With Regards,

Saurabh