Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS Role

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi HR Folks,

I had created ESS role with combination of services added in menu and infotypes added in authorization tab but employees was able to see his/her data along with others data so how to restrict the employee so that he/she can see only his/ her data.

Thx,

Lisa pl

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member701183
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In case of ESS roles we need to use p_pernr authorization object only without using p_orgin. In MSS role both are needed for active control. Users who are not administrators should not be granted p_orgin by restricting them from HR master data. Below is the design details for ESS.

Every employee who uses the SAP Employee Self-Service is granted the following two authorizations for the P_PERNR authorization object:

AUTHC = R, M

PSIGN = I

INFTY = *

SUBTY = *

and

AUTHC = *

PSIGN = I

INFTY = 0006

SUBTY = *

Please let me know if any issue.

Regards

Aveek.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lisa,

Check your ESS role for authorization object P_PERNR, it should have the R,W for the infotypes with PSIGN field value as "I".

Refer to documentation about P_PERNR

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_02/helpdata/en/94/b8b83b5b831f3be10000000a114084/content.htm

Also, check the process flow for the authorization check by personnel number.

Cheers !!

Zaheer

former_member701183
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In case of ESS roles we need to use p_pernr authorization object only without using p_orgin. In MSS role both are needed for active control. Users who are not administrators should not be granted p_orgin by restricting them from HR master data. Below is the design details for ESS.

Every employee who uses the SAP Employee Self-Service is granted the following two authorizations for the P_PERNR authorization object:

AUTHC = R, M

PSIGN = I

INFTY = *

SUBTY = *

and

AUTHC = *

PSIGN = I

INFTY = 0006

SUBTY = *

Please let me know if any issue.

Regards

Aveek.

0 Kudos

Hi

You also might want to check that you haven't included the P_ORGIN object in any other of the roles that's assigned to your ESS User.

If that's the case, access will be granted to all the employee's/infotypes included in this role, no mather how your ESS role is created.

Regards

Morten Nielsen