cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintenance Certificate missed in license type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

We are in the middle of the upgrade to our BW landscape from 3.5 to 7.01. After I upgraded our BWT system today and ready to apply support packages, as usual I go to apply maintenace certificate according to SAP's instruction on "How to Request a Maintenace Certificate manually through SAP support Portal". I found NO "maintenance certificate" under license type, only have "standard and Java" license type. It is very strange since I just applied "maintenance cerfiticate" on 5/15/2009 when I update support package for my BW sandbox (BWS)! Not sure why it is no longer there? Have you guys experience the same? And how can I get my maintenance certificate for my BWT system so I can move forward with my support package update?

Thanks for your help. This is very important since our upgrade is stopped now.

Yujun Ran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Yujan / Juan

Go to Link --> www.service.sap.com/licensekeys

Next --> Click --> Request Licensekey

Next -->Choose which system Select Installation SID you can click that system

you can show all SID's which system id you want Maintenance certificate

Next --> Click --> Change button (Pencil sysmpol)

Next --> Hardware key --> You can enter your system Hardware key here

Next --> License Request --> License Type --> here you can select : Maintenance Certificate

Next --> Hardware Overview --> which system Hardware key You can select click Check box option.

Next Click --> Continue.

Next : here you can give mail id then submit.

After u are getting one note pad file from SAP. that is Maintenance certificate keys.

Regards

keshav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What kesavan has mentioned above is perfect for manually applying the Maintainance certificates.

These certificates can be made to automatically distribute across the systems in the landscape.

refer to the below FAQ, and also to the below notes;

Note 1280664 - Distribution of maintenance certificates: Troubleshooting

When will a Maintenance Certificate be required by SAP's software logistics tools?*

Maintenance Certificate will be required for all customers as of January '09.

Details:

As of SPAM/SAINT- version 0034 the Maintenance Certificate will be required to import support packages. SPAM/SAINT- version 0034 will be released in January u201909.

All support packages released in 2008 can be applied using a SPAM/SAINT- version prior to version 0034 and therefore do not require a Maintenance Certificate. Hence, when using SPAM/SAINT- version 0034 or higher version, all support packages require a valid Maintenance Certificate in order to be imported.

Java support packages (imported using JSPM) will require a Maintenance Certificate in the near future. Currently a warning is displayed.

Which version of SAP Solution Manager will be required to benefit from automatic deployment of Maintenance Certificates?

SAP Solution Manager 7.0 SP 16 will be required to benefit from automatic deployment.

Regards,

Ravi

Edited by: Ravi Kumar on Jun 23, 2009 8:40 AM

Edited by: Ravi Kumar on Jun 23, 2009 8:44 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yujan /Ravikumar / juan,

I have given solution How to appy Maintenance Certificate thats all. I don't know much about Solution manager.

The Solution is Right or wrong ? Noboday give reply? why How do i know it is correct or wrong?

Regards

keshav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kesavan ,

last week only i applied the main cert manually to our HCM system,

if you want to have a clear idea or if you any doubt that what is correct and wrong, you can refer to the document under below link, Maintenance Certificate Documentation

https://websmp108.sap-ag.de/licensekey

also the note i have specified in the previous post.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

keshav,

Thanks for your step by step instruction, which I am familar with. The problem to me is that in your step below:

"Next --> License Request --> License Type --> here you can select : Maintenance Certificate"

I did not see "Maintenance Cerfiticate" option. I only see two options "J2EE" and "Standard".

That is the problem. Anyone see this option available today? If you can see the option but I can't see, it is different problem. If nobody can see this option, SAP must have changed it again. I was able to select this option last month when I apply maintence certificate for my sandbox, which works fine.

Any ideas?

Yujun Ran

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I mentioned i had the same problem yesterday with a system i haven't requested a Maintainance Certificate before.

Try,

SMP -> Keys and Requests -> Request permanent license key -> Select installation -> Click system change for the system you are working with -> Click on continue -> Under "Requested License Keys and Maintenance Certificates" select the "Maintenance Certificate" License type (Even if the status is in red) and click on "Renew Maintenance Cerificate(s)".

That should do the trick.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Juan,

Under "Requested License Keys and Maintenance Certificates" select the "Maintenance Certificate" License type (Even if the status is in red) and click on "Renew Maintenance Cerificate(s)".

Then problem for me is there NO "Maintenance Certificate" option under License type! It only show two license types "J2EE" and "Standard". So I can not select "Maintenance" since it's not there for select.

Yujun Ran

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let me see if you read my message correctly....

Not under request license but under requested license.

If that doesn't work then I will strongly recommend an OSS message to SAP

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

Finally, I figured it out with you guys suggestions here and there. Just want to let all you guys know what exactly need be done in case you run into the same problem.

The problem is the system data information on my system BWT, which was defined as BW 3.1 system. Since I have upgraded it to BW 7.0, and I updated these data accordingly. Then the "Renew Maintenance Certificate" button magically changed from gray out to a real so I can click it to create a maintenance certificate. In order to click renew maintenance certificate, your system must be defined as NW7.0 system or above!

Thanks for the help and I will give some points to close the anwsers.

Yujun Ran

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The possible reason for that is you already requested maintenance certificate... if you have already requested it sometimes ago then select that maintenance certificate and click on renew certificate...

In my case also we have same thing...but we have requested it earlier so I can select that and can renew it...

hope it work...

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunny,

Thanks for your quick reply. Yes, I have applied maintenace certificate a month ago without problem. However, that's my sandbox BWS. I can click the "renew maintenace certificate" to renew it no problem. But could not get me a BWT maintenace certificate since it's different system ID.

Yujun Ran

Edited by: Yujun Ran on Jun 22, 2009 5:24 PM

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

my question is have you ever requested maintenance license for your system that you are currently patching..

Thanks

Sunny

Edited by: Sunny Pahuja on Jun 23, 2009 12:31 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, today is the first time I tried to apply maintenace certificate for BWT since we just upgrade it during the weekend. And today I try to apply more support packages.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am also trying same thing..and in my case also I am not getting maintenance license option...

but you can do one thing, select standard license that you have requested earlier then click on renew maintenance license then it will take you next screen from where it will send the licnese on your email...

this work around is working for me...

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunny, I tried what you suggested to select standard license and then try to change, but the problem I had is the "Renew Maintenance Certificate" button is gray out so I could not change anything.

Thanks,

Yujun

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you don't have admin access on service market place...please check as it is visible for me...

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes .. sometimes due to authorisation issue we will not be able to see all the required details in

SMP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunny,

It's very strange if it show up on you. I have all administrator authorizations on service.sap.com. So as my other Basis colleagues. The only place not gray out is the one BWS, which I have already had a MainCert installed last month.

Thanks,

Yujun Ran

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The same happened to me today... if you look under it you'll see the maintainance certificate below with no details... just click on it and click on renew certificate (or something like that)... that will create the certificate you need (At least that did the trick for me)

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Juan,

Thanks for your response. Could you tell me what exactly steps you did? To me the "renew maintenance certificates" icon is totally gray out. I could not click anything to make something show up so I can enter hardware key and then select license type of "maintenance certificate'

Yujun Ran

Edited by: Yujun Ran on Jun 22, 2009 5:23 PM